Ruth Elsdon

How to fix Eglu go up to non omlet chicken run

On 4/25/2020 at 10:23 AM, Ruth Elsdon said:

We have ordered a Eglu go up. We are building our own chicken run to fit into and maximise the space we have in the garden. Is there a way to attach the Eglu go up to the end of our chicken run or will it have to go inside? 

Cable ties and lots of them! I have my Go Up attached to a non Omlet run too.

6B5B06CF-43C1-4943-A646-D92E917AD545.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

where is this run from and is that metal mesh?

Is there mesh on top?

I have made a play pen using picket fence and chicken wire, but struggling with the top, as had industrial pigeon netting over it but the fox just sat and chewed a hole in it....

Also, do you let your chickens out beyond this run? I have been feeling very guilty about not letting them out of the run (one squawks to be let out) but it is much bigger than this and for only 3 birds, so am I worrying about nothing?!

Their run is about 4.5m long by 1.3m wide and has a section that is 2m high

Thanks!

Don’t worry about confining them as long as they have space.  I have 3 bantams in a huge run with perches etc.  I can’t let them free range where we are and especially as one flies! Yes, really. Over 6 ft fences then over the next fence etc.., As Cats Tails says, you can do wonders with cable ties.  If you want a fox and rodent proof run, slab the floor then use small gauge weldmesh on the panels. 

On 11/29/2021 at 9:47 PM, Cat tails said:

What type of run or extension are you talking about?

Otherwise we might give you the wrong advice.

sorry an omlet go, i just want to fit the first piece on, the one that goes around the coop door into the sides of plastic, then attach it to something else

do you think just a one metre extension will do the job, saves buyin te whole run just for tat one piece..thanks

On 11/29/2021 at 11:07 PM, redrooter99 said:

sorry an omlet go, i just want to fit the first piece on, the one that goes around the coop door into the sides of plastic, then attach it to something else

do you think just a one metre extension will do the job, saves buyin te whole run just for tat one piece..thanks

Don’t think the extension has the right dimensions. The Go run starts a bit narrower and sort of fans out. Also the bits that attach to the actual coop are separate small pieces.