HRJ

Fitting old run onto new Classic

I have a brand new Omlet Classic (lucky me!) but no run (😥). A 2 m run with 1 m extension was ordered from Omlet literally MONTHS ago but although the covers arrived the actual run seems to be lost as no-one can track it down. It may someday turn up. Who knows?

I have been offered the chance to buy a second hand run which would be a perfect solution. But does anyone know if the old runs fit onto the new Classics? I have asked Omlet but they haven't got back to me. Perhaps because they still want to charge me for the one that hasn't turned up 😂

Thank you.

No, it's not from them. It's from Cotswold Chickens who I am getting the hens from! I am a little peeved with Omlet but will take that up at a later date. They are not being terribly communicative.

I'll check that the run is newer than 15 years old and then go for it. Thank you so much, again, for your reply 🙏

Thank you, I'll check.

I am in Oxford but was keen to do some of your courses until lockdown happened. I've enjoyed your videos though :) and will keep my eyes open for when the courses restart.

3 minutes ago, HRJ said:

Thank you, I'll check.

I am in Oxford but was keen to do some of your courses until lockdown happened. I've enjoyed your videos though :) and will keep my eyes open for when the courses restart.

Great, keep an eye on my webpage (see signature below) as that will be up to date.

Another Oxford Omlet person!  Which 'side' of Oxford are you, HRJ? I am Chalgrove, PW is Abingdon and DM and Minnie and Moose are Cotswolds. I think Scary Mary is local to PW and I but haven't seen her on The Forum for a while. 

Def on for a meet up once we are allowed out to play again!

Thank you everyone. The run fitted fine and my two lovely hens arrived last night (a goldline and blacktail -- so I can tell them apart). They've just emerged from their night's sleep and have had a little feed and a drink and having a potter around.

I'm in Oxford city and would definitely be on for a meet up when we are allowed. I am already entranced by my lovely girls and am planning a walk-in run 😉 for when my husband has had time to get used to the idea of hen-keeping. (The 3 m run is good but I would love to give them more space and fun). (And of course expand the flock in due course!)

• Like 2