Cinnamon

Ebay problem

I bought a nice Cardi on Ebay - not expensive, but brand new,with tags & listed as being in perfect condition.

It came, I loved it, it fitted well...............then I had a closer look & found a big hole :roll:

So, I took it to my repairs place who can fix it for £5, which isn't bad & contacted the seller asking if she would consider refunding me that amount to cover the cost of the repair being done.

She won't. She will only refund me in full upon its return, plus the amount it will cost me to post it back to her :roll:

Seems daft to me - she is offering to refund me over £20, rather than £5.

Thing is,I love the cardi & really want to keep it, so I guess I will have to cover the repair cost myself.

Why are things in life never simple?

Would it be worth takng a photo of it and explaining? :? I wonder if they have that policy in case people report breakages that are not genuine? I once refunded someone for quite an expensive ornament that they said was damaged in the post. But they never sent a picture or returned it and I sometimes wonder if I'd been had. Now I would err on the side of refusing a refund without evidence, even though it seems a bit harsh.

How silly :? Sound advice from Snowy :D

I am having an ebay hooo harrr at the mo :roll: I sold something a little under two months ago and the buyer is saying that he has only just had time unpack it and put it together because he spent the summer in Thailand :roll: Am I being mean by not giving him a full refund? I think two months is pushing it :evil: Have offered some money back, ho hum :?

Snowy has made a good point - the seller can't be sure that it's genuine, which is probably why she's taken the 'all or nothing' approach. I think she should offer to refund the postage if you returned it though, if she sold something with a hole in!

I think if you really like it, then you might as well pay £5 to get it fixed, and keep it ... I would make the point in feedback though that she sold something that wasn't as described. If she had checked it carefully before selling, this wouldn't have happened.

What a shame ... I have had some really good Ebay experiences, but there's always one.

Would it be worth takng a photo of it and explaining?

Forgot to add in my first post that I have already sent a photo.

And by agreeing to a full refund she has acknowledged that the item is damaged.

She is outright refusing to cover the repair cost as she says it was cheap enough already.

However, I paid for a cheap PERFECT item :roll:

She has now outright refused to consider anything other than a full refund, so I guess I have no choice but to return it & start cardi shopping again :roll::roll::roll:

The problem with postage is not just at ebay.

I bought 2 tickets for White Stripes gig at B'ham NEC Oct 2007, the gigs been cancelled by White Stripes due to illness.

Returned my tickets by recorded delivery (£ 2.20) to NEC box office for a

£ 69.00 refund ( £31.00 per ticket plus £3.50 booking fee each ticket). I only got refunded back £62.00. No booking fee refunded.

In total I've paid out £71.20 only got £ 62.00 back. lost £ 9.20 without leaving the house. Brilliant

Would it be worth takng a photo of it and explaining?

Forgot to add in my first post that I have already sent a photo.

And by agreeing to a full refund she has acknowledged that the item is damaged.

She is outright refusing to cover the repair cost as she says it was cheap enough already.

However, I paid for a cheap PERFECT item :roll:

She has now outright refused to consider anything other than a full refund, so I guess I have no choice but to return it & start cardi shopping again :roll::roll::roll:

:roll::roll: In that case sounds like she is being downright awkward! Send back the cardi and leave negative feedback. You did what you could! :lol: Hope you find a nicer cardi Cinnamon!

Clash - I've noticed that booking fees for these concerts seem to be rising these days. And it's a poor do when you don't get them refunded. :roll:

maybe she wants it back so that she can sell it again ... and again ... and again :lol:

I've had some grot experiences on Ebay as has OH. I think its the fact that I always expect people to be as honest as we are and are then most uoset when I find out they're not (like the 2 sellers who claimed never to have received my cheques and then cashed both when I sent replacements :evil: - the bank wanted to charge me mor eto cancel them than the items were worth ) Now I only pay by PP - even though I know that too has its horror stories