Travelsweety

Reduce the chance of ovarian cancer

I urge chickens keepers to read this research, especially rehomers of ex batts like me. Having recently lost 2 to ovarian cancer, I was researching what I could do and I came across this.

Just a big pinch of curcumin each day was shown to reduce the likelihood of developing ovarian cancer from 1 in 3 to 1 in 5. A higher dose may be even better.

Do read it and make your own mind up. I've bought a 200gm bag for £9, it will treat my 3 chickens for a whole year.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29089332/

• Thanks 1

In fact it’s research aimed at helping humans just using chickens as an experimental model (only non human animal in which ovarian cancer spontaneously develops with a high prevalence apparently). Not a massive population size in the study but the results certainly are interesting and sound pretty positive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mullethunter said:

In fact it’s research aimed at helping humans just using chickens as an experimental model (only non human animal in which ovarian cancer spontaneously develops with a high prevalence apparently). Not a massive population size in the study but the results certainly are interesting and sound pretty positive.

Agree with this, interesting read but I'll not be rushing out to buy some just yet.