Crazy Hen

Worried about neighbours noise upsetting chickens

Hello all, first time posting here and hoping someone can help :)

I finally got a maisonette of my own with a garden shared with nice neighbours underneath, we got 2 lovely ISA Brown hens and completely in love :) however have become concerned how noises from neighbours on each side of garden may be affecting them

All winter it has been so quiet and no issues at all, but it turns out as soon as the sun makes an appearance neighbour on left and on right crank up music (each side) super loud and getting *****ed shouting to each other across the fence with my garden containing my girls in the middle :( the sad thing is that neighbour on the right has 2 hens also.. (but they are badly cared for :( so therefore he likely doesn't care how the noise affects my hens), am at a loss for what to do, all winter it was fine, we have a mix of private owners but also renters with council agency, with the behaviour I've seen from the renters in good weather am concerned it will get worse from them in summer including barbecues etc, especially as they don't seem fussed how things affect their own hens, and are the 'type' to not care

Was considering moving my girls and horse to a rented field that would allow both together so they are hearing natural sounds and not the neighbours, do backyard hens adapt to noisy neighbors or will it upset them? They didn't seem upset and were roumahing for corn etc but worried :( anyone else dealt with this or have experience with this situation? 

It must be am awful situation for you to have such inconsiderate neighbours. I  have had hens for a long time now - we do live in the country so not much nice but I childmind and used to have up to 12 children in the garden running around - my hens never seemed to care if it was noisy or quiet - when neighbours landscaped there garden - again no problem. In the next week or so we are having our patio and path taken up so again lots of noise - I will let you know if that makes any difference.  The rented field sounds lovely but you might be escaping the noise and then running fox attacks again. 

They are safer where they are and they actually enjoy music. When rearing ours we play them classical; it improves their growth. I talk to ours whenever I am in the run and it calms them down. What they don't like is noises at night though, so fireworks are a problem.

I agree with what’s been said above. While sudden, unexpected noises might startle them, they’ll very quickly get used to something like you describe and I doubt it’ll bother them. I feel for you though, it sounds horrendous! How antisocial to be shouting across a middle garden 🤨