xScrunchee Posted November 4, 2007 Share Posted November 4, 2007 not sure if its the same thing, however my granddad built an extension in the house to put me in, as i kept the whole family awake with my coughing Wow!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 4, 2007 Share Posted November 4, 2007 my granddad built an extension in the house to put me in, as i kept the whole family awake with my coughing That wouldn't be my method of choice for dealing with a sick and distressed child. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
xScrunchee Posted November 4, 2007 Share Posted November 4, 2007 my granddad built an extension in the house to put me in, as i kept the whole family awake with my coughing That wouldn't be my method of choice for dealing with a sick and distressed child. "Your coughing is keeping us all awake-off you go to the shed child!!!" Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted November 4, 2007 Share Posted November 4, 2007 my granddad built an extension in the house to put me in, as i kept the whole family awake with my coughing That wouldn't be my method of choice for dealing with a sick and distressed child. "Your coughing is keeping us all awake-off you go to the shed child!!!" oh but it would be tempting wouldnt it first time I heard croup I thought it was whooping cough. thank goodness for Mums and phones. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kazaddress Posted November 4, 2007 Share Posted November 4, 2007 well there was 9 adults living in the house at the time Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Popcorn Posted November 5, 2007 Author Share Posted November 5, 2007 "Your coughing is keeping us all awake-off you go to the shed child!!!" Now why didn't I think of that?! Wonder if the monitor would work from the shed...... Things have calmed down a lot since Friday, although the bark is still underlying it's not as acute or as frequent. Knowing how common it is has really helped me calm down, and now I have a few tricks up my sleeve I'm more confident. Kaz - we have some plans for an extension just passed. Do you think if your Grandad came and spent the night, he'd knock one up for us In all seriousness, I'm glad you grew out of your whooping cough. Must have been painful for all concerned. Stefan has croup, which is a different virus, but just as awful. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted November 5, 2007 Share Posted November 5, 2007 Cutting down on mucous forming dairy products might help too Gina, although I wouldn't do this without talking to your health visitor first. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 5, 2007 Share Posted November 5, 2007 Wonder if the monitor would work from the shed...... You wouldn't bother with the monitor if you were going to put him out of earshot Gina. Am glad to hear that Stefan is improving. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Popcorn Posted November 5, 2007 Author Share Posted November 5, 2007 Cutting down on mucous forming dairy products might help too Gina, although I wouldn't do this without talking to your health visitor first. It's a difficult one isn't it. While he's been at his worst, I've been giving him other things. I've stopped the yogurts for now. He's never had chocolate so we're ok there, and I've been trying to go easy on the cheese. He's still been having his milk, but I've dropped the amounts. Loads of onions and garlic in everything too! He smells delicious Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...