Barbara

URGENT! 2 chickens need a new home!

Due to circumstances beyond her control, I have been contacted by an Eglu owner who desperately needs to rehome her two chickens THIS WEEKEND.

They are a Bovans Nera and a Gingernut Ranger and they urgently need a new home with someone who will love them to bits.

The owner lives in Stevenage, Hertfordshire and does not want any money for them - they are just free to a loving home. She describes them as good egg layers and are both very friendly girls.

If you are able to take 2 chickens, please let me know and I'll put you in touch with the owner.

Please help if you can.

Many thanks.

There not answering their phone..

So i have emailed!

I have another friend who lives in stevenage, and is visiting me this weekend.. so if worst comes to the worst i will ask him very nice to bring the chooks down with him (i can fit 5 chooks in my eglu temporarily... they all huddle together in about 1/4 of the thing anyway) and they free range all day as im off work.

Thank you for all you're doing, Kaz. I'm extremely grateful for your efforts.

I've just received an e-mail from another forum member which I've forwarded to the lady concerned but nothing is definite at the moment. I will let you know if I do hear any further news.

It wasn't me! :roll: - before you all start asking!

Nor me! I've only just read this, maybe it's just as well that I was offline yesterday!

But, seriously, if the other plans fall through, I am only half an hour from Stevenage and could easily adopt a pair! So bare me in mind, Barbara, if anyone gets really stuck!

Don't tell OH (but he'd never notice :wink: )

They are both about to speak to each other on the phone and will get back to me shortly but it sounds promising.

As soon as I've heard how the chat went, I'll let you know, Kaz. Sorry it's taking a long time to get any news out but the chicken owner hasn't had any internet access all day so I've been in the dark.

Back as soon as I know anything.......

Hello Kaz,

Thank you for your patience. I've just heard from the chicken owner that the chickens have a new home now.

Sorry that it hasn't worked out for your friend but thank you so much for caring enough to want to help out.

Thank you to everyone who has offered to rehome the hens.

Best wishes,

Hello Kaz,

Thank you for your patience. I've just heard from the chicken owner that the chickens have a new home now.

Sorry that it hasn't worked out for your friend but thank you so much for caring enough to want to help out.

Thank you to everyone who has offered to rehome the hens.

Best wishes,

That is wonderful news Barbara, it is so good that they have a new home. It would have been almost a 4 hour return journey for me, I could not bear to think of two little pets going to anonymous 'strangers'. With fellow Eglu owners offering them a new start in life, we can all be reasurred that they will be well cared for.

Isn't it great that in such circumstances an owner has a contact for help - on this forum.

Where else can you find that I wonder?

It leaves me with such a nice feeling being part of this 'community'.

Well done all of you, who like, me, offered the girls a home.

You can bet the offers were very much appreciated that's for sure