This happened to me too when my OH accidentally dropped a bale of hemcore near to the girls' run. They totally freaked and wouldn't come anywhere near me - even when I was offering them treats - for 2 or 3 weeks. Eventually, they forgot/forgave, and are as friendly as ever now. Just give them some time.

Hi all, :D

Silly I know but my young cockerel Christopher Eggleston really took a shine to my petrol can yesterday (was topping up my mower) I know it was green but doesn't look a bit like grass. Maybe try that?! (white chicken)

One thing they didn't like was my plastic rabbit ornament that sits on the gravel, the chicks mum Dora kept walking round it clucking strangely which bothered the chicks (11 weeks old now) but they still came over for a quick look then ran off! (white chicken)(white chicken):think:

I'm sure your chickens will fall in love with you again soon.

Have fun, Dyan

This is why I use a strange, walking technique in the garden, I can only describe it as.............'trying to find the coffee table in the dark with your foot rather than your shin'

Aren't chooks great, coffee tables however............... :lol::lol:

edit: I meant chooks are easy to stand on unless you adopt the above approach!

Kev.

Kev wrote:

This is why I use a strange, walking technique in the garden, I can only describe it as.............'trying to find the coffee table in the dark with your foot rather than your shin'

:D:D:D

I seem to assume a weaving drunk walk when going down the garden with the chickens. As I move to one side they move with me, then I change direction and so do they :? I have trodden on their feet more than once :oops: they don't complain they just stand still looking :shock:

Tessa