I've kept free range chickens for about 15 years,  mostly little Pekins and never had an issue with cats, even big farm cats.
They've recently been moved from a rural village to a town garden and obviously have just started being let out to free range in the garden and I'm seriously worried about the cats round here. They clearly haven't seen chickens before and I've had 2 in the garden today both seriously stalking them. Should I be worried?!
The first one I shooed off. The second was stalking them despite my dog being in the garden too. My dog doesn't chase cats, but did intervene when the cat lunged at them.
I don't know if it just seems worse as I'm working from home and can see them?

My big tomcat used to go after the chickens, but after a good wallop on his behind while stalking the chickens, he is mostly pretty good. But a very determined cat could be a problem. 

Maybe get a water pistol/super soaker. Those are a very effective deterrent for cats.

As Cattails says, scare them off with a super soaker, because if your chickens get stressed they will become ill. I'd be inclined to be more extreme as I have no tolerance for cats on our property killing the wildlife that we struggle to encourage and preserve.

I would definitely keep an eye on them all until you know for sure how they’re going to interact. My bantams all coped perfectly well with most cats, but one day one turned up that would really stalk them which resulted in them really having to scatter to get away one day and I ended up with chickens all over the place - high up trees in the neighbours gardens, over fences and in neighbours gardens, in the footpath to the side of our garden - all sorts!

Cats can be very persistent. I noticed that neighbor cats are very different from each other. Someone watches the chickens out of curiosity, and some wake up with a powerful hunting instinct. They don't like water, it's true, super soaker can be a good instant remedy. But I can't guarantee my chickens' safety when I can't oversee my yard. When I'm not at home, I lose my peace until I return. I asked the neighbors to watch their pets, but they don't listen.