AndyRoo

"Spinning" hen

FTLOG, I have another one I am concerned about now.

Today I noticed my little Legbar has started spinning in circles. She can certainly run in a straight line merrily without any problems, but when I went out earlier, she just spent five minutes walking around in tight circles and squawking her head off. When I went back in I noticed that she seemed to start walking normally again. But then when I went back out, she started doing it again.

I don't know if she's doing it as a wind-up, but has anyone experienced their hens doing this?

I thought about Newcastle Disease, but she has no other symptoms of this - and the same with Marek's. To the best of my knowledge, the breeder vaccinates against Marek's - although I'm not sure about Newcastle.

Maybe I just need to take her to the vet and get it checked out.

I swear to God these hens will be the death of me soon. I've never had problems for years and now they're all going loopy at once!!

• Sad 1

On 5/4/2022 at 9:17 PM, Cat tails said:

I feel for you Andy!

The chopsy cow came out today and did a few little spins for me again, and then sauntered off looking pleased with herself. I reckon she's on the wind up.

• Haha 1