I've nearly had my rablu for a year now and so far I'm quite impressed - the actual idea of it all is amazing.

The only issue I have is the deterioation of it...both the summer and winter shade have disintergrated and the inside tray has reacted in some way to my rabbits urine - and this was only after 6 months! I spoke to Omlet and they very kindly replaced the winter shade and tray - suggesting they were faulty. But the same has started to happen again with the tray! I give the eglu a proper clean twice a week and replace the bedding in between cleans, I've tried using more absorbant bedding...but I just don't know what else I can do! One of the reasons why I got the eglu was it ease of cleaning and the fact that it should last 10 years.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with the tray? or could suggest any solutions :(

hello.

the solution to the staining on the tray is vinegar. when we had bunnies it happened often and it was a scale like deposit that was stained brown from the urine. at first i thought it had permanently stained the tray but it did come off with a good long soak in loads of vinegar and a nail brush scrub. :D

i cant help much with the shade though.

Other people on here have had problems with their shades. I got my Eglu 2nd hand in May & it has a winter shade. I had it folded up on the run in the summer with no problems, & now it is all across the run, with only a faded patch where it had been folded back on itself. It has held up well so far, but today It has leaked a bit, but the weather has been absolutely attrocious.

Maybe there was a bad batch of shades at one time?

The old shades are being replaced with a new material, which shouldn't degrade so much.

I found the same problem with the tray in my rablu - I put their litter tray in there now instead and it works fine. I use wood pellet cat litter.

Bunny wee has lots of 'scale' in it and it tends to build up on whatever they are using. The litter tray I have has a slightly slick finish inside so it tends to repel the build-up.