Christian

Help Needed, stain on carpet

Hello all!

Quick question -

My neice was sick on our coir matting/sisal carpet and i have tried everything to remove the stain. Didn't add too much water as I was told you shouldn't on this type of flooring.

I have 3 smallish stains (the result of humous and sour cream & chive dip :roll: ) that i can't shift.

It happened about 2 weeks ago and I thought i would let the area dry out and the stain would go, but it hasn't.

Any ideas?

I would cover it up, but 2 spots are to one side of the dresser and the other spot in right in front of the toilet - it looks like someone has missed the loo! :roll::roll:

You could always get one of those fluffy pastel pedestal mats!!

Not a good idea in a house full of boys. :lol:

sorry to hear that ... I thought when you first posted this, that it was going to be difficult because of the sort of material you were trying to clean. Maybe you should consider replacing with something washable (or is your niece banned from ever visiting your house again? :wink: )

(or is your niece banned from ever visiting your house again? :wink: )

No, bless her! But her Mother is! She should have known better than to fed a sick child houmous! :roll::roll:

Next door have carndean (?) flooring that looks like real slate. Might consider that instead as it's only the entrance hall and downstairs loo.

I've got Kardean flooring in my hall Christian thanks to an insurance claim

(OH dropped a can of paint the day we moved into the house - all over the stairs/hall floor! - I wish he'd done it on the living room carpet instead (It's grim!)

It's really really good and dead easy to clean. I'd highly recommend it and may well get some in the kitchen when we can afford our refit.

It was quite expensive from memory, but I couldn't tell you a figure, as the insurance company sorted most of it out. I've just looked at a website though and it seems to go from about £15 to £30 a square metre depending on which type you go for. I'd advise you to have a look in a shop though, as you can't tell what things really look like on the internet!

You also need to have a latex base put down if you've got a concrete floor.