My eglu is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It arrived at 9 50, and is now assembled, with extension. All by myself as well :o The only problem I have is the pin that sticks the top of the eglu to the bottom. Is it possible to do that on your own, or is it a 2 person job? It can wait till the kids get home from school.

I am off to buy chucks now :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo chuffed!

I have two Eglus, one is easy-peasy, but the other one is an absolute pig - I have to give the black bar a gentle kick, then prop a brick against it to stop it moving, run round the other side and try and get the edge of the gold pin into the hole, and then sort of tug it through.

I did try standing astride the Eglu and squeezing but my calf muscles aren't that strong (that's why I was rubbish at horseriding :wink: ). Also I thought I might get some funny looks from neighbours!

It should be do-able by one person, though. How eggciting - bet you can't wait to get the chickens in there!

I did try standing astride the Eglu and squeezing but my calf muscles aren't that strong (that's why I was rubbish at horseriding :wink: ). Also I thought I might get some funny looks from neighbours!

I bet that was a sight to behold! :lol:

I have one Eglu which is much easier than the other in this way.

I too use the boulder trick.

Light sussex, black rock & a Red star???

Lovely chooks - I reckon the light sussex is either laying or not far off looking at that comb!

Emma.x

I was told they are a Sussex Comet, Black Comet and a Jasmine. I have no idea as I am new to all this. The white one does look very grown up compared to the others, so maybe she will lay soon :wink: