My hubby is so clever.

We are now putting down a permanant run site for the eglu and he said that everything should be on the same side. So insteed of having the litter tray pulling out from the back, they should redesign it so that it comes from the same side as the egg port door.

Obviously this wouldn't work with the litter tray being the shape it is for the ramp section, but having a right or left sided eglu that can be sited right into a corner would be a benefit.

Last Thursday, Johannes was looking at why the top of my Eglu lifts up so much from the base (this is how Layla was killed), he has suggested that we attach a small lug of wood to the front of the top to stop this happening. When we have done it, i will take photos so that you can see how it is done.

Phil has come up with the idea of having roll-away nest boxes to discourage broodiness :D

Hello~

I think what would be nice is to have it where the nesting box can actually LIFT OUT... Why? Because I put some nesting materials in the nest, but you know that some droppings end up in the nesting box. :lol: ..so it would be nice to be able to LIFT OUT the nestingbox, and remove any debris that is inside it, and then put in some fresh nesting materials.... As it is now, I must pick up by hand (with gloves!!) :D any old nesting materials and droppings...!

Maybe this is similiar to what was said earlier about a "rollaway nesting box"..I'm not sure I quite understood if that was the same thing?

Thanks!

Lynne

That;s a great idea Lynne! I guess they'd have to design it so that it could come out through the egg port door though, otherwise we'd have to keep unpinning the whole Eglu part to get at it.....

Aren't we a clever, inventive lot eh?

I'm still after a light sensitive mechinism that opens and closes the Eglu door at dawn and dusk.... :wink::lol:

I have to clean out my eglu every day, as the chickens live in it while I'm at work, and it's very difficult to do on the fly.

I would add another door into the run, where the run meets the eglu - that way I could open it up and scoop out the chicken poop with my little spade. As it is, I can't reach that end of the run through the main door, and so I can't clear it out and it honks to high heaven by the end of the week! :(

That extra door has been mentioned before and I think it's a great idea :D I've got a run extension and it's impossible to reach the end 3 feet nearest the Eglu without either detaching the run or getting inside it :roll: I've taken to sending Rosie in - it's a bit of a squeeze for me!

Wow, I hadn't even considered how difficult it must be with an extension!!

One would also hope, if an extra door was created, that Omlet would sell the single door panel in the shop, so mark 2 owners could replace an existing panel... 8)