jak

Hello Mr Fox!

no, you are right no to let them free range. Now you've seen it in your garden its almost certain to come back.

You can only let them out when you are in the garden watching them im afraid, one forum member was in her garden planting when she had a fox attack so they are very bold! :shock:

Really? It's very unusual to see them during the day though isn't it? My husband saw one last year (maybe the same one) taking the same route through our garden but that was early in the morning.

As was said on the other 'foxy' thread, they are out hunting for food for their young from this time onwards.

It might be a quick free range tomorrow if it's as freezing and foggy as it was today and I have to be out there with them - brrr!!! Do you think it would help if I put my lurcher out there with them?

I'm afraid it's not unusual to see a fox during the day in an urban area, especially once they know you have got chickens.

I've seen the local fox in my garden from 7.30 am up to 6.00 at night and various times in between. However, Inspector Fox has not been seen since I got a Foxwatch! No guarantees, but it definitely put him off what had become a regular haunt.

Well, it's supposed not to affect dogs - but I can't vouch for that! I'm sure it says in the description that it works at a different wavelength to dogs' hearing. It's also supposed not to affect cats, and mine certainly doesn't bat an eyelid when it goes off, but I know someone else posted on here that their cat was clearly distressed by it.

Unfortunately, he is a bit of a fair weather dog - huge great thing but with very short hair, so he really feels the cold. He spends most of his life lying in front of a radiator or sun worshipping in the conservatory. Maybe he thinks he's a cat?!

As an aside, I would highly recommend lurchers and greyhounds as family pets - they do not need lots of exercise - 20 minutes twice a day will wear them out nicely!

I'll have a word with him about Mr Fox :wink: