I think im going to be shocked at the size aswell!

I havent ordered spare cube bars, but keep pestering OH about more chooks - he aint budging though :roll:

Oh yes :lol: Even though we knew the dimensions - it's much bigger than you imagine in real life!

Those chooks of yours will look lost in it Chelsea :lol:

Time to start planning the new additions - OH will soon see sense when he sees all that empty space :D

Helen

Just tell him that you HAVE to have at least 8 chooks in a cube........it's an Omlet Law :wink::lol::lol:

I definitely going to add 4 - probably in 2 x 2 as I really want a Cream Legbar but will probably have to order those and wait but I really need 2 new chooks right now so will hopefully be able to get a Light Sussex and an English Cuckoo Maran :D:D:D:D

It's all just sooooooo eggciting :roll::roll::lol:

Is it really that big? I've ordered the Cube + extension, because my five girls spend so much of their time in the run, I'm feeling guilty about it and wanted them to have more space.

I was planning to add a couple more chickens, but then I thought that I'm defeating my original objective of giving them more room if I increase the number to seven.

I really, really want to have one that lays green eggs!

I picked up 3 more big girls on sunday, have 3 bantams coming within the fortnight, and then hopefully a further 3 bantams a few weeks later on - I simply had to get more chooks - how else could I justify 2 cubes? And also it simply wouldn't be fair on the chooks them selves to be ratttling around in them - they would get lonely :lol:

I picked up 3 more big girls on sunday, have 3 bantams coming within the fortnight, and then hopefully a further 3 bantams a few weeks later on - I simply had to get more chooks - how else could I justify 2 cubes? And also it simply wouldn't be fair on the chooks them selves to be ratttling around in them - they would get lonely :lol:

And it would be draughty! :lol:

Is she some sort of giantess? :lol:

I have to say I've assumed the Cube would be similar in footprint size to the Eglu, obviously not tapered and a bit taller ... luckily there is quite a bit of space where I plan to put it.

Seriously, for chooks that are in the run most of the day and only free-range evenings in summer and weekends, would 7 be too many? I've ordered the 1m extension with it.

I'm partly thinking of the littlest one, she gets mugged every time I let them free-range together, so I thought if I got a couple of newbies, she wouldn't be the target.

You are SOOO right! The cube is big. Before my geen cube arrived in readiness for the hens on 5th March, I had looked at all the pics AND measured the ground. But when it arrived it looked enormous. Hubby is sooo smug. He has always stated that my spatial awareness is way of singk and I think he's right! My ex bats are going to have a great time in their penthouse!

Our cube hasn't arrived yet but from what I have read on the forum, you need to allow enough space to access both sides and the rear of the cube so I allowed 4m x 2.5m for our cube and extension.

We are only putting 5 in ours but have ordered the extension anyway as I want them to have a much space as possible but as the cube and extension are supposed to house 10, I guess 7 would be ok