Louise

Skype - for KateA

DH and I use skype when he travels far away... though my problem with it is that it keeps me to the laptop, whereas when I talk to him on the phone I can be anywhere in the house and move around, doing stuff and taking care of the kids as I talk...

I use Yahoo with friends too, and their voice function has improved a lot over the last two years, though webcams can be a problem, as I find I can either see my friend or he can see me, but with both webcams on at once the system gets overloaded and crashes...

Thanks Louise,

I've been aware of Skype for a while now, but haven't really sat down and looked into it properly :oops: . I really must though, because I'm sure all these phone calls are costing me a fortune :shock:

I may be back later with questions for you Skype users out there :wink:

Phil's got one, which he hardly uses, but Christian uses his all the time when Jason is away.

Tis true!

I won't tell you what our phone bill used to be :oops:

It's about £4 a month now!

(you can use skype to skype which is free, or use skype to a land line/mobile abroad which is charged. To give you an idea, a 1 hour call to a Canadian land line, cost me about 1 euro)

I've heard of Skype but have never looked into it, although I have seen cordless VOIP (Voice over internet Protocol) phones for sale in Tesco's

I don't ring abroad much to be honest but I have used MSN video calling with my friends around the UK - and closer to home too (useful when advising on an outfit for a night out :D)

That's free and you get sound and vision.

A

xx