Popcorn

The Apprentice

I've watched a couple of episodes of The Apprentice in the past, and have found myself getting more and more into it this time. I have surprised myself really, as I am not an advocate of big, money making corporate businesses or what the The Apprentice stands for really. I don't think one individual actually needs that amount of money to live comfortably.

I also love Adrian Chiles, who presents the after-show on BBC2.

Anyway - I watched the first couple of programs, and last week the Team Leader of the girls group was quite a stong willed, suffered no fools glady, red head. The kind of person you'd recognise again if you saw her. Especially if she walked passed your sittingroom window.........

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that she lives on my street!!

I've seen her every day since walking past our house. I'd like to know her story as her house is now up for sale?

Edited by Guest

Anyway - I watched the first couple of programs, and last week the Team Leader of the girls group was quite a stong willed, suffered no fools glady, red head. The kind of person you'd recognise again if you saw her. Especially if she walked passed your sittingroom window.........

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that she lives on my street!!

I've seen her every day since walking past our house. I'd like to know her story as her house is now up for sale?

Jenny - she is now being cast as the horror of the show, probably quite rightly judging by her performance last week :lol:

Love The Apprentice, in fact I meant to come on & post something about it last week but forgot :roll:

I am liking Raef, the posh Jimmy Carr lookalike , & reckon he will win 8)

The girls seem horribly disorganised this season, don't they?

Ooh how interesting! I watch the Apprentice every week (I think it's hilarious as some of them just haven't got a clue) so I know who you mean - if it was me I would have to go and ask her if she won and is that why she is moving? :D

Ha ha...well my OH did shout to her...'did you win?'....and she either didn't hear or chose to ignore him!

:lol:

They are all a bit daft really aren't they. I didn't like Raef in the first program, but last week, he was brilliant. Infact all the boys were great last week! I'm liking Simon Smith at the minute....Shazia didn't deserve the firing she got last week. I thought she was the back bone of the whole operation.

The funniest one ever was last year when they had to sell English produce in a French farmers market. The guy team leading the boys who had been an officer in the army was a total idiot and decided that cheese from Makro still wrapped up in the plastic would be a good seller :shock::lol:

They also took sausages which was a good idea, but army boy decided that instead of taking a camp stove and pan to cook them on or some disposable BBQ's they would cook them on a tin can like they do on survival training in the army - needless to say it didnt work.

Oh how I laughed :lol::lol:

I hope Alex Wotherspoon wins - he's cheeky and not totally stupid!

Edited by Guest

i like the cockney bloke who was working his socks off in the laundry last week, don't know his name. **edit** I think his name is simon smith, nice bloke, I'd give him the job :D

that red headed woman is horrible, how she got away with not being fired last week is beyond me. She's a total moo!

love the programme and love Alan Sugar. It's so funny watching these people desperately trying to curry favour and outdo each other, very entertaining stuff.

I find that program totally hypnotic... I don't plan to watch it, but when I come across it by chance (I don't watch much tv), I can't tear myself away for anything...

I'm always amazed by how people react to being made 'manager' of a project... some people seem to instantly grow devil's horns, yell at people, criticise, impose their own ideas, ignore everybody else and seem to think they should be obeyed and worshipped... people have been put in mental houses for less than that...

I used to work with a guy like that... and told him to 'get lost' in much less polite terms on many occasions...

I must admit I didn't like the leader of the girls team last week....but I am sure if she hasn't won it, she will have been kept right up to till near the end! I think the TV producers would like the friction that a clash of personalities would cause with the other members of her team.

I too liked the way the guys in the Laundry just nuckled down and got stuck in.

As a project neither team seemed to make a great deal of money last week but it certainly showed a side of some of them that will make interesting viewing in the next few weeks.

Wasn't it hillarious how the girls wanted to charge someone £5000 for doing their laundry??

Yes and even more hilarious that they did all that restaurant owners washing for £15 :lol::lol: What about them offering the 24 hour helpline and Sir Alan said 'so were you expecting someone to ring up and say how are my Calvin Kleins doing?' :lol::lol:

Not wanting to sound sexist here, but really you'd have thought women would have been more 'down to earth' about laundry... would they pay so much to have their washing done?? or feel the need to call the laundry place to see how their washing is doing??

I do laundry all day long... OH is lost in our laundry room... It was quite refreshing to see the boys team handle the whole thing so well, whereas the girls team seemed to not have a clue about either business or laundry...

I totally agree! My OH hasn't done any laundry since we have been living together and are now married, so that's well over 2 years! He sees it as my 'job'. I remember the state of his clothes when he used to do his own - he had to iron everything because he didnt hang it up to dry properly :lol: I don't iron anything. He irons his own shirts because I refuse to do it :lol:

I was surprised how the girls didnt seem to have a clue as well but methinks looking at them that Mummy probably still does it in certain cases! :oops:

The boys did really well.

yes, I knew someone like her once. Liked to domineer and belittle people and make herself look good by putting other people down. People like that just need to be given enough rope, they eventually hang themselves. She'll get hers sooner or later ;)

She'll get hers sooner or later

Somedays that was the only thought I could cling to to get me through to the end of the day.

One lady in particular comes to mind. Served her right, she made my life miserable for over a year.

I am not normally one for revenge etc but some people... :twisted:

oh Lucy, that's awful but I've been there too (ex boss) but it made me stronger and when the next one tried it, he was in for a shock I can tell you! I detest bullies. He didn't like me because I was better at his job than he was and everyone else knew it. Long story but I went over his head and he got a severe reprimand. I quietly collected evidence, made notes about things he said to me and kept e mails etc then went to his boss, it worked and he was moved to another dept shortly after. Glad I'm out of that snidey, back stabbing rat race now, which aggravated my heart problem! I can just sit back and laugh at them now :lol:

That's the type of person/people I imagine work for the likes of Alan Sugar/Big Business. Ego's the size of houses with not much else to offer, especially respect for colleagues who may not be on the same pay scale or step on the ladder.

A HUGE generalisation I know :roll: (I mean Simon who won last year was a real sweetie wasn't he and I can't imagine he'll change much?)

The first guy that got fired, Nicholas de Lacy-Brown, really made me think. He really thought a lot of himself and not much for anyone else who didn't share his interests or move in his social circle. I imagined him being in a room with my Dad, a working class butcher all his life, and trying to make small talk. :lol:

We are all the same underneath.

That's the type of person/people I imagine work for the likes of Alan Sugar/Big Business..

precisely why I prefer to be with my chickens :lol:

We all love The Apprentice :D . They are (mostly) all such pompous, arrogant, over-confident prats :lol: . The nice characters are few and far between :roll: .

Loved the programme where Nicholas who got fired more or less said that the northern guy was uneducated and thick :lol: . What a berk! And the other bloke (sorry can't remember any names :oops: ) said "I can mix with prince or pauper". Alan Sugar has some great put-downs - "so which are you?" :lol: .