Abbey Road Girl

the Cube has landed--it's GREAT!

It was wonderful to watch the Omlet man put it together yesterday. What an impressive piece of design and engineering!

But the true test was when he drove off in the Omlet van and left me with the Cube and its four feathered occupants. I was thrilled to discover that I get it to do every function without ever having to look at the instructions (I'm not the type who feels super-confident in this area).

Because a couple of people had been unhappy with their Cubes and because it's a new rather than time-tested design, I really thought long and hard before I decided to buy. I'm so glad I took the chance.

Well done, Cube designers and engineers! :clap:

And well done, Omlet installers!

:clap:

Congratulations on your cube.

:D

What colour did you go for?

Chelsea, I'm one of them "girls" who love lilac and purple, but since my back garden is overlooked by a road traffic bridge used by some rather aggresive pedestrians as well as cars, I didn't want to draw attention to the Cube and the chooks so I chose the green.

I do worry about security, both in terms of yobs lobbing things down at the chooks and the possiblity of the whole lot and cabbodle being stolen (chickens aren't worth much in resale/stolen terms, but Cubes, like Eglus, are indeed worth a few bob used.

I won't let my chickens free range w/o supervision, not just because of Mr Fox but because of show-off kids.

On the other hand, just shortly after the Cube and chickens were in place, they were being admired from the bridge by a mum and her children.