Lapinou Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 Between 11.30 and 1.30 our eglu and chickens are arriving!!! Children are desperately excited - keep telling me it's chicken day today: 'it's even more exciting than grandma coming over, isn't it mummy?!' Bad thing is I have to go to work straight after they've come. Good thing is it's only for a couple of hours, then I can come back and watch the chickens all afternoon Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 I bet you can't wait Clare!! Does the camera have batteries??? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Keanie Bean Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 Lots of new chickens today. It's a shame you have to leave for work straight away. In a few weeks it will fell like you have never been without them. Sarah.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lapinou Posted June 19, 2008 Author Share Posted June 19, 2008 Thanks for reminding me! I would have forgotten Must remember to get myself and the children dressed first too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paola Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 Any pics? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 That's so exciting... hope instalation goes smoothly!! Take and post pics ASAP!!! We need to see! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 How exciting for you. Find something to distract you till the doorbell rings. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yolky Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 You must be bursting with excitement! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paola Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 Any pics? Thought that you started this post yesterday Ignore me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lapinou Posted June 19, 2008 Author Share Posted June 19, 2008 Find something to distract you till the doorbell rings. Thankfully that's not too difficult a task with three little ones to look after Then again, my mum's coming this morning so she'll be doing all the looking after I need to hang washing on the line...plan some exercises for an antenatal course...plan a training session for peer supporters...um...what else...? So glad we home educate or our oldest would be missing all the fun Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ange1 Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 Ooh Claire 1 hour to go! Although i am that you'll be there to enjoy the eggcitement of your eglu being assembled, i am almost happy that I will be on holiday next week as I don't think that I would be able to cope!! Get that camera ready! I've left Dad with instructions to photo every stage! He says he'll feel silly in front of Mr Omlet, I said if the lovely photos I've seen on here is anything to go by, they will be used to it!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 Don't forget to feed the children! (I did that that ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 I love the thought of all your little ones getting excited (and poor Grandma's been relegated ). You must have your hands full already - I hope you find time to enjoy your new girlies . (Just forget the housework, that's what I did .) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs P Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 Lucky you! My chicks arrived with lovely Mr Omlet last Friday and already I feel that they've always been here. They're so hilarious to watch and already I can bribe them to do anything with a handful of sweetcorn ! Hope you enjoy them and take lots of photos to show us! Good luck - your life is about to change forever! Sue Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
christmasoompa Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 Very exciting for you, and look forward to hearing how it's going. We've just had a call from Omlet to say ours will be arriving on Monday rather than 9th July so I'm now ridiculously excited!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 any news?? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 It must be here by now . They must be all in the garden oohing and aahing . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 I agree....it is a good sign. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lapinou Posted June 19, 2008 Author Share Posted June 19, 2008 They're here. They're lovely. I have lots of photos and will post them this evening when my mum's gone and I can surf the net to my heart's content I also have a photo of the plastic roosting bars inside the eglu as I don't think there is one yet...? Just with the cube so far, I think...? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
frenchlayer Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 How exciting for you. Can't wait for the photos. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stoobie Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 I am so jealous! I want mine now! I have three weeks to wait yet - I wish they would ring me and tell me they are delivering early like some others. Enjoy your chickens.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 Woo Hoo! Can't wait for the pics. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Keanie Bean Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 Sarah.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 Congratulations . Can't wait to see some pics . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lapinou Posted June 19, 2008 Author Share Posted June 19, 2008 Here are the photos then DD1 took this one for us of the van when it arrived DD2 with the eglu, very excited, after running around saying 'he's got lots of eglus, Mummy, a green one and a purple one - that's ours - and I wanted a red one but I like purple too' very, very fast The chooks in their basket, with some of DD2's hair I asked her how many there were in there. 'Lots' she replied. The plastic roosting bars in situ. The first time in my entire life I've ever held a chicken, despite my parents having them when I was a teenager! This one is Princess Aurora Angus from Omlet holding Wendy (after Bob the Builder's helper!) for DD2 to stroke: All three of them in their new home. On the left is Princess Aurora, next is Millie and on the right is Wendy: The children are loving it Millie's spent most of the afternoon in the eglu - does that mean she's close to being ready to lay? We lifted her out for a cuddle after much demanding from the children to stroke one of them again (very upset when we said they can't keep doing this to the poor hens!), put her back in at the end of the run with some raisins for a treat. She stayed with the other two for some food and drink and then made her way gradually back to the eglu again It looks like Wendy might be boss and Princess Aurora bottom of the pecking order. Thanks for all the support over the last couple of weeks - I know I'll continue to post on here frequently for more help now they're here. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...