The Brown Clan

New to this help please !!!

Hello , I have had my girls for 12 days now , and am a bit concerned about peebles , she is spending a lot of time in the eglu and although she is eating and drinking she is producing orange runny poo!!! is this normal settling in or something else ( have ordred vermi x pellets from omlet to start worming my girls) . any advice will be greatly appreciated :) am I just worried about nothing :roll::)

Don't worry! Yellow poos (think curry sauce :vom: ) are quite normal. Every 10th poo or so is a clearout of their caecum and is a bit yucky.

How old is she? If she's spending time in the nestbox she could be gearing up to lay. Some hens never crouch.

The general opinion on the forum seems to be that Flubenvet (which I got from *here *) is the best wormer. If you can cancel your order for Vermex you might be able to get Flubenvet more quickly (don't worry if you can't cancel, you can still use it). Do a search for wormers on the forum for more info.

She is about 17 / 18 weeks I belive but is bigger than my omlet girls ,

not crowching or letting me get near her for a stroke either like the other two ( but you can't have everything can you :roll: )

Thank you for your advice will get some flubovet ( spelling awful) and try the yoghurt, not got the bran though although will try to source some tmrw :D

I hope they will still be my friends no treats for a few days :cry:

Hello just an update really , have given them some yoghurt ( they thought it was christmas ) so that went down well and had normal poo until lunchtime, when the heavens opened and all the slugs :vom: in the neighbourhood seemed to appear from nowhere and they indulged as they do and yep you've guessed it orange poo again . so at least I think I know what the problem is now !!!!

will keep on with this though , how often can i give them the yoghurt ? many thanks for your advice Im sure I will be asking for it again ( and again .....................) :)

Not sure if this has anything to do with your girls, but mine had orangey poos about three weeks before they started laying. Also, as you've suggested, if they eat just about every slug/snail/grub in the garden ( :shock: ) then they go a bit funny!

As for yoghurt, what type do you give them, I've been thinking about giving mine yoghurt for a while.....