Chicken Licken

Please reassure me - Fenny is ill

Fenny is under the weather - yesterday evening she passed a very soft shell with some egg white. This morning she laid the yolk. She is feeling very off colour and is not herself. She had some tuna for tea last night but today has been withdrawn wanting to stay in the nesting box all day and sitting uder the sun shade when lifted out. I have given her a bottom wash so she is clean and cool, also a bowl of porrige with a bit of bokashi, natural yoghurt, grapes, shellstim and citricidal oh yes and poultry spice too!!

She picked out all of the sliced up grapes and had a little of the porrige mix as well. When I gave the rest to the other girls she was well enough to peck primrose to let her know she was boss chicken.

I think it is just a softy making her feel down, other than making sure she is drinking and eating is there anything else I can do? Any advice really welcome please

Softys do make them ill for a few days, if she ate the grape you could try a bit more, as it is better to eat something which isn't really healthy for them, than nothing at all. They've got lots of water in them too.