Mrs G

White/Clear Chicken poo

Hiya,

Had our chickens for under two weeks and one of the girls is doing poos which are a mixture of clear and white, almost like water. when we heard one drop on the patio it was like a woman's waters breaking :shock: any ideas/thoughts please? :?:?

Should I be worried or really worried???

Hi Mrs G,

I dont think you should be worried or indeed very worried. :D

The chookies are still settling into their new home so the poohs will be a little unusual until they settle in to their new environment and feel at home.

Is the chookie in question eating & drinking well?

Does she have a full crop at night before bed and an empty one in the morning?

Is her comb hot?

Sorry for all the questions but it may help in finding out if she really is under the weather.

when we heard one drop on the patio it was like a woman's waters breaking :shock: any ideas/thoughts please? :? :?

With only 4 weeks to go before my first baby is born this statement worried me quite a lot!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Im hoping mine dont break on the patio - we have just had it laid! :shock:

They all seem to be eating and drinking well and very busy around the garden exploring and attacking plants, catching flies and digging holes, not sure about the crop thing, will have to check that out this evening/tomorrow morning, same with the comb, so much to learn......

Ref the waters breaking - wouldn't worry (but this from someone who kept a protective cover on the car seat for the last few weeks - apparently it can ruin them!) It's not always as dramatic as that!! But good luck with the baby, you are in for a wonderful time, they can be more fun and exciting than most people will tell you (when they're not pooing and crying :wink: ) My 'baby' is four now and have loved every minute (almost) of having him - wouldn't change a thing - apart from him arriving four weeks early!! :D:D

If the chookies are dollying round the garden and generally doing chickeney things then i wouldnt worry too much at all - their tummies will settle down and poohs will look 'normal' very soon. :D

As for the water proof cover on the seat of the car - just ordered some from Boots! :wink::lol::lol: TBH im more worried about the matress on our superking size bed - cost us a fortune so dont want that ruined! :roll::lol:

Egluntine - some women spend hours in various shops like Waitrose, Boots, M&S & Mothercare as apparently if your waters break instore you get shed loads of freebies! (Probably a years supply of Tena Lady!!!) :lol::lol::lol:

You can get various size incontinence sheets to go on the bed to protect it - a friend mentioned it cos we were thinking of getting a double bed for our son so it could double as a guest bed. Get a flat one and it could be used in the future when the baba is a toddler moving into a full size single bed :wink: also very useful when sleeping away from home when children are less settled.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance, it is greatly appreciated, just so worried about anything going wrong as they are such lovely girls. On a more positive note our cat has reached an understanding with the chicks and is no longer hiding behind the shed! :D:D