Chooks Aloud

Arnica pills

That's very kind of you - although she likes to sit by herself if I separate her completely from the rest she doesn't like it.

She is very well in herself, lovely red comb/wattles (although she has not started laying again after her moult), her feathers are lovely and soft, lovely clean and fluffy frilly knickers, it's just that she has this limp. She's had it for a while and perhaps it's something that is not going to go away - I shall have to wait and see.

If anyone has anymore suggestions, please feel free to post.

Thanks

Karen

I'm sure I read somewhere that they can sometimes develop a limp if they are short of calcium and have been using up calcium from their bones to make egg shells and so giving limestone flour can cure them. However, if she hasn't been laying for a while, it seems less likely...

You're quite right Caroline; I had forgotten that one!

Apart from injured one My softee layer not totally refeathered ex bat was also limping, they had been on shell max, which helped the othes lay shells, but it is missing one of the Dvits, so I got some limestone flour, prob use too much, but been putting about 10ml in a small bowl of mash with cod liver oik cheese sometimes tuna.

Well that was a week ago I started & we have just had our 1st 2 hard shells AND her limp has gone! :)