motherhen

ANNIVERSARY PARTY 8 JUNE

Congratulations, Lesley & Carl! :D:D You must have learnt such a lot in one year but I can't imagine you ever having been a novice! Your lives must have changed such a lot during that year & I'm sure Millie & Tallulah have had a great year too.

Here's to many more of them (years I meant :shock: ), love,

Not only were we complete novices but we hadn't even found the time to read the Omlet Guide or the book we had bought. :oops:

We took delivery of the two girls and James told us we might have to 'post' them in to bed through the egg hatch and then we spent a couple of hours watching them and the next couple of hours reading the books :roll:

From my egg recording book - Millie has laid 291 eggs in her first year! :D:D:D

She laid the first day but also had two weeks off lay when she was poorly.

I don't know how much Organic, Free Range eggs cost these days form the Supermarket?

:P Congrats ....... a box of 6 cotswold legbar !egg! 's from sainsbury cost £1.45 last time I got them. Now I work at the farm .. I get adopted flocks dozen for 50p 8) .

Kate said how they have multiplied ...they are supposed to be hens not rabbits :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:wink: A bit late ... but we had our Eglu, and Ginger for one year on the 14th July ( while on hols :oops: ). Originally had Ginger and Pepper, and now have a lovely Mrs Snowy (amberstar) ... but have had 12 happy months :D of hen keeping ... and Ginger has only missed 6 days laying in a year if that. 8) . And Mrs Snowy has not missed a day since she started 8)8) .

Pepper .. not to be forgotten was a fab hen, and had gorgeous plummage, and laid almost everyday too ... lovely dark, speckled eggs. 8) .

Happy Chook Anniversaries to All. :P , Best thing we ever did. :D

Edited by Guest

:roll::lol: Graham has just departed ( light weight) as he is up at 5am, to make sure all who fly with B.A have a safe and (on time :?: ) journey .... :lol::lol::lol::lol: . Last day of term , and 101 things to do tomorrow, so maybe I should heed his final words " are you coming to bed or what" ........ nah, forum calls. :P

I know the feeling, you do just need to catch up with the forum before going to bed- there might be something vital going on that you'd regret missing :roll::roll: . I'm just the same :oops: . Hubby just doesn't get it, but the he's busy killing computer generated figures on a Playstation right now- that I just can't get :roll::roll:

Last day of term eh? We don't break up till Friday down here, thank goodness, I'm sure I'm not ready for 7 weeks of them at home :shock:

Good night Sarah :)

Congratulations Sarah! Carl would have a drink with you but Jake is very poorly with an adult version of croup and we're on standby for looking after Lauren if Jake needs to go to Casualty - he nearly did last night and was worse this evening :(

Will cranberry juice do? :lol: