Katie

flowery eglu!

Only about three hours and that allowed time for different colours drying and emptying wine bottles for weekend container construction.

I think Paul Smith type stripes would look good as well but that would be really fiddly with masking tape etc.

I just used the Plasti-kote fast drying enamel - it said it was suitable for all surfaces including plastic and I got the impression it would be safe because it says it is suitable for children's toys. Mine haven't really pecked at it at all. It needed 2 coats to get a solid rather than streaky look. I have yet to find out how it will survive snow, frost, cleaning etc - will post observations as they occur.

It also comes in tiny jars, so not expensive to get several colours but brushes do need cleaning with white spirit or special brush cleaner. It dries really quickly.

http://www.plasti-kote.co.uk/Site/productsdetail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=42#

I have just enjoyed admiring your works of art. WOW :D:D:D

Well worth the wait during today - it must have taken you all day to do.

What paint did you use - the work looks very fine.

Have you had any art training?

I hope you are feeling right pleased with yourself - worthy of cracking open a serious bottle while you sit and admire them :lol::lol:

Thanks Jane - you can have the wine for me - better share it with Sarah though 8)

Carl came home as I was just finishing and sat with a glass of beer and admired them.

I used the paints you suggested - they are brilliant and dry so quickly. I mixed colours so now I need to buy some more ramekins :oops:

Ellie - aka Mrs.Nosey - has been pecking at the buttercups! :roll:

Wow Lesley, is that your Eglu with the flowers, birds and bees on? It's lovely! Can you come and do mine - I'm way too busy at the moment!!

Congrats, it's beautiful - you and Jane deserve a place at the National Gallery!

By the way, if it is your album, it's untitled - do you want it naming or can you get to the properties menu?? Let me know if you can't!

Lesley, I just saw your pics. The eglus look great, you are artistic! I love the bees, and the detail on the foxgloves & butterfly. Excellent! 8)

You've really started something clever here Jane. It could be a good selling point for Omlet too.

I may have to wait until they market a paint by numbers version :roll:

Or let Esther do it :wink:

Yours in admiration too,