Redwing

New Dog - Mixed Feelings......Update - its Here!*

My mum has three dogs and one has suddenly started to turn on another one, two are siblings and stick together so I have agreed to take the 'picked on' one and keep him. He is a nice dog and doesnt deserve being attacked!

I did not want the dog to go to a stranger as mum has had him since he was a puppy and he is wuite old now

Our dog used to be a well groomed clipped and tidy dog but since moving to the country has become a scruff bag who is always muddy and cant see out through his fringe :lol: - he is a lovely dog and lots of fun, we know he will be nice to the new one

We did want another dog and hoped to get an Airedale (big version of ours!) my husband works funny shifts so we have the time to dedicate to two dogs as one of us is usually around a lot of the time

Where is the problem? I hear you ask.....

The new dog is a tiny Yorkshire Terrier, about the size of a Chiuaua (spelling??) with long glossy hair, bow, woolly jumper, sits on a cushion etc.. :roll: you get the picture?

(Dont get me wrong I know not all little dogs are like this :D )

Not really the rough and tumble country dog we hoped for...... :lol::lol::lol:

You can't win them all :D

Edited by Guest

just my kind of dog! :D

I have had these dogs for the best part of all my life and can tell you, they are robust little things with hearts like tigers!, ditch the bow! *shudder* the jumper I like I have to admit! :oops: my dearly departed Poppy used to have a bright red one she wore when it was cold as in her later years she felt cold easier and hated the standard coat I paid good money for which was sheepskin lined! :roll:

I have 6 month old yorkie girl pup and she's adorable, I must get around to putting on more piccies of her. She lives very happily with my cocker spaniel who is much more of a mud rolling splashing about type of girl so I am sure once they settle with each other things will be ok.

The other poster was right, big dog in a little body totaly sums up yorkies, sweet little dogs!

piccies please!

All of the above posts have been spot on. It's us humans who give dogs bows and designer hairdoes (I can't spell hairdoos because it's not normally in my vocabularly :roll: )

Let it be a dog. It's a Yorkshire Terrier - emphasis on the word 'Terrier'. They are fiesty little dogs with attitude and were orginally bred to get rid of rats - so could be useful for chicken keeping :D -

Go for it and free its mind. :D

Well, I have collected our new dog!

After discussion with my mum I took the 'bully' as she is the most 'dog like' of my mums dogs. I was willing to take on the tiny one but to be honest was wondering how I would ever get him out for a long walk!

The one I took is a girl dog and bigger than the small one I was going to have, she is still very small compared to our own not very big dog.

Overall I think she will settle in to country life ok (she has come with only the one coat for a start!)

After a bit of initial snappiness with the cats (she has never seen a cat) she has been fine although she did not like sleeping downstairs last night!

My mum is pleased as her health workers (she has mental health problems) have been putting pressure on her to sort out the fighting amongst the dogs.