BeckyBoo

I've dropped one of our snails!

Yikes, was cleaning the tank out and the snails were on the lid sitting on the dining room table. Went to put them back and one wasn't "stuck" to the lid like the others and rolled off onto the floor. Bit worries now, the shell didn't crack but it's just sitting there not doing anything, the others are all feeding.

Do you reckon it will be OK?

Mrs B

Doesn't sound great. When the snail we had was very old he sometimes did nothing for ages and we thought he had given up the ghost, but were able to revive him by holding to keep him warm and tempting him out with a wee bit beer and some cat food. Might be worth a go. Good luck.

I'll try and get some pictures, not sure how well it actually is to be honest, I found it upside down in the water today, put it back the right side up thinking it had karked it, but it moved about later on.

And what I actually meant was that the tank now smells nice - they used to be in eldest daughters bedroom and she rather overwatered them and so when I finally gave them clean earth, the smell of rotting lettuce and stagnant peaty water was rather overwhelming and rotten egg-like :vom:

(I don't go round sniffing snails as a general rule! :lol: )

Mrs B