chelsea

Help! something seriously wrong with Ella *update PANTS PICS

you'd never in a million years think she'd been rescued from a broiler house. Testament to the love and care she gets from you, she's such a pretty girl! :D

Aww ..Really? :) thanks! I've never really looked at her as pretty... :think: She's very buxom, loud & a real bossy boots and she never ceases to make us laugh (we even spent our valentines romantic meal gabbling about her :oops: ) she's very much a part of our family. :D

Sue, my OH is a chicken catcher for a living and works in broiler houses all over the south west catching chickens (literally thousands every night) for major supermarkets. One night in 2006 he brought home 3 little runt chicks who didnt make "weight" in the poultry shed and therefore should have been culled on the farm there and then but OH couldnt bear to see it done (as they were not injured or ill - just tiny). :D and that is where Ella came from.

Sue, my OH is a chicken catcher for a living and works in broiler houses all over the south west catching chickens (literally thousands every night) for major supermarkets. One night in 2006 he brought home 3 little runt chicks who didnt make "weight" in the poultry shed and therefore should have been culled on the farm there and then but OH couldnt bear to see it done (as they were not injured or ill - just tiny). :D and that is where Ella came from.

What a lovely story, and brilliant pics. Glad she is ok.

Claire

GNR(white chicken)(Bluebelle)

arrived 14/02/09

Hi Sue,

Yes Ella did have stitches....they are still in! She has to go to the vets tomorrow actually for a check up. This is now week 4 since the op and the vet wants to keep the stitches in for as long as possible he said. After sleeping in my kitchen for 3 weeks she is back out in the run with the others now (with a covered bum to prevent pecking) and life is good for Ella at the moment - eating like anything and pecking the new girls so she must be feeling her normal self! :lol:

thanks for asking :wink: xx