chelsea

Help! something seriously wrong with Ella *update PANTS PICS

she's coming home! :dance::dance:

Vet nurse just rang - she said she was perky, eating drinking and walking around.

Nurse totally shocked she has lived this far, she said she was surprised when she came in this morning to see her so perky. She said she is well enough to come home. :D

Going to get a dog crate now and we'll keep her in the kitchen for a few days.

Hi all. x

We picked her up this morning, brought her home in the kitchen. She was very anxious to get outside so we let her out with the other girls just for a wander, she wandered around the garden, went up to say hello to the newbies in the eglu and then sat down on a patio slab. We then decided to bring her in. She is in the dog cage/crate with a snugglesafe and the other girls came in the kitchen to visit :lol:

She pecked a few pellets and ate a tiny amount of seeds, she hasnt eaten much at all. She has drank loads though (not sure if this is a good thing? or normal?) I have put some avipro in her water.

She just looks very tired and disoriantated (sp!), she is lied down in the cage beside me in the warm kitchen.

I dont think we are out of the woods yet, she seems to be happier with her friends around but its simply too cold to put her outside.

You never know what to do for the best do you? :anxious:

she's much better off in the warm. The aneasthetic will make her disorientated for a cple of days I should think. If she's eaten something then that's good and good that's she's drinking lots as it's good if her poop is wet at the moment, you don't want her having to strain. Try her with some sloppy foods maybe? a bit of mashed potato mixed with a bit of water? or whatever you think might slip down easily.

the avipro is a good idea too.

lots of rest, warmth and liquidy food I should think. Get well soon Ella, we've got everything crossed for you! xxxx

Well she is still with us.

Shes been wandering around the kitchen this morning, has eaten a quarter of a honey seed bar that we hung up and pecked at a tiny bit of corn. I made her a sloppy porridge with banana, mealworms and raisins and she turned her beak up, she only seems to be eating very tiny things at the moment.

Still drinking plenty and poos are not just white now - they have brown in, although runny.

She went out with the other girls this morning for 10 mins, but we brought her in again as its bitterly cold here.

We've had "visiting hours" in the kitchen for an hour (when I had all of them wandering around my kitchen :lol: ) now OH has gone outside to clean the cube/eglu and taken the other girls with him.

She's asleep now.

She has a post op check at the vets tomorrow.