Egluntyne

Reginald Molehusband.

I'm ok thanks. And You?

There was a series of those awful public information type adverts, I think in the 70's regarding safe and considerate parking.

Reg demolished cars, fences, bus stops, post boxes etc and was the shining example of how not to park.

He looked like a paedophile with a disgusting mac, greasy hair and thick glasses. You are obviously far too young to remember him. He is one of those "once seen never forgotten" characters.

He had the same effect on me when I was little that the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang had on my daughter!

In my posting, there are the words Reginald Molehusband underlined in blue. Click on that and it should take you to whatever audio player you have on your computer. You don't see the actual advert, Egluntine - you hear it. It's an audio clip rather than a visual one. Sorry I should have made that a bit clearer.

I understand that Kate, but what I don't understand is why there is no blue underlined "Reginald Molehusband" visible. All I see is:

No, indeed not! My family were all great fans of Reggie and my brother sent me a sound clip of the advert a few months ago. Have a listen to this and wallow in nostalgia -

Do you see what I mean???

If that doesn't work, this is what the advert used to say....

"This is the story of Reginald Molehusband, married, two children, whose reverse parking was a public danger (brakes and gears crunching). People came from miles just to see it. Bets were laid on his performance. What he managed to miss at the back, he was sure to make up for at the front. Bus drivers and taxis changed their routes to avoid him. Until the day that Reginald Molehusband did it right (sound of reversing). Not too close, far enough forward... come on Reginald... and reverse in slowly... come on.... and watching traffic... (applause from watching crowd) and park perfectly! Well done Reginald Molehusband, the safest parker in town. "

Honestly.....it's not there!!!

Have tried moving cursor slowly over area where it should be in case it it hiding, but nowt 'appens!!

Am really spooked. This has never happened before. Have even rebooted. Serves me right for taking Reggies name in vain.

By the way, has anyone had a go at the game in my original post??