Moonie

Sleeping child advice please.

Scrunchee, I loved your post and you have made me decide not to do the whole controlled crying thing, my son slept till 3am last night and rather than have a battle to send him back to room at the distress of all of us, he nestled in with me. We both slept until 7.30am .... bliss! If he knows we're there for cuddles in the dead of the night, it can only mean a more contented child .. surely! :D

I'd say so :D .

So long as you are all safe and well, getting sleep and feeling happy-you must be on the right track.

I cannot see any harm whatsoever in making sure that your child is feeling secure and contented. Surely that is our job?? :wink:

Good luck anyway and just remember-it certainly won't last forever.

The less you push them away when tiny, the more confident they get as they grow.

One day your baby will be all grown up and need you less and less.

You then might look back and wish that you had done things how you wanted to rather than because people told you what was right and wrong but of course, it's too late then and life is too short for regrets. :doh:

Follow your heart and your little boy will be just fine :dance:

Scrunchee, I loved your post and you have made me decide not to do the whole controlled crying thing, my son slept till 3am last night and rather than have a battle to send him back to room at the distress of all of us, he nestled in with me. We both slept until 7.30am .... bliss! If he knows we're there for cuddles in the dead of the night, it can only mean a more contented child .. surely! :D

I'd say so :D .

So long as you are all safe and well, getting sleep and feeling happy-you must be on the right track.

I cannot see any harm whatsoever in making sure that your child is feeling secure and contented. Surely that is our job?? :wink:

Good luck anyway and just remember-it certainly won't last forever.

The less you push them away when tiny, the more confident they get as they grow.

One day your baby will be all grown up and need you less and less.

You then might look back and wish that you had done things how you wanted to rather than because people told you what was right and wrong but of course, it's too late then and life is too short for regrets. :doh:

Follow your heart and your little boy will be just fine :dance:

:clap::clap::clap:

Yes, I think we all underestimate our powers of instinct.

My first Health Visitor, who was an older, experienced and wise lady told me to go with what felt right, and not to give way to what other people told me to do if I was uncomfortable with it. Sounds obvious, but when you're in the thick of it...

[she did also say that she would be very interested to see what my daughter did with her life as she had never met such a strong-willed baby!!! My daughter is now seven, and is a most creative, sensible and thoughtful child.]

I've been reading this thread with interest as Bogwoppit is now a year old and tends not to sleep through. We've had good patches and bad patches but he caught cold after cold when he started nursery and that threw sleeping patterns out of the window.

I am back at work so tend to bring Bogwoppit in with me if he won't settle on his own. This is working for the time being and to be honest I am way too tired to try and do it any other way. Plus it means he is getting sleep at night which makes his day at nursery so much better. In the not too distant future I think I will reach the point of trying to encourage him to sleep in his cot all night on his own but one battle at a time and this isn't my first priority at the moment.......

It is funny how many people ask if he's sleeping through and when I say no, they either raise their eyebrows and tell me how their baby slept through from x weeks :roll: or look at me as though I must be doing something terrible!!!