ubereglu

Why is it......

......That I keep changing my mind. I'm saying this as I'm still speaking to the lady with her second hand (green eglu) for sale at £200. She sent me pictures today. My only worry was about whether Starlet will fit through the door of it. So I've asked her for measurements of the door. You never know I might still buy it!

Either that or I'll buy the second hand Mark 1 (red eglu) off Pratical Poultry-which is the red eglu on ebay where they want far too much for it-I made a cheeky offer of £180 for it!

Here are the piccies of it. Looks in very nice condition and she assures me that there is roosting bars but they were drying out at the time of taking photos. What do you guys think?

cottagepoultry1172.jpg

cottagepoultry1173.jpg

cottagepoultry1178.jpg

cottagepoultry1179.jpg

I think I'll ask her for a picture of the other side of the eglu too. The side with the door to the eggport.

Liz.... a definite female... can't make her mind up :roll:

Sorry, I'm only teasing... I'd be just the same :wink: It looks good from the photos, but it's down to you. Green is a nice, peaceful colour, a bit conservative maybe compared to the brighter pinks, purples and oranges but it does fit into a garden very nicely :D It's also a good price :D

It will probably only fit 3 hens comfortably, especially if they're full sized, that said my 7 like to be cosy and all 7 full sized hybrid hens squeeze in there together :roll::roll: (my green eglu is a mark 1 as well).

Go for whatever you want, you've worked hard enough and saved so hard to get exactly what you want, so you go for it.... whatever it is that suits you the best.

If you get the green will you be thinking 6 months down the line that you wished you'd stuck out for another colour? If so, wait, keep saving and get what you really want. Otherwise grab this one with both hands... and have a great half term helping your hens settle into their new home :D

Good luck with making the decision :D

I think I'll buy this one, I'll ask Dad what he thinks first though, as he's going to have to drive me to pick it up! :lol: And I'll buy a winter shade for it and possibly some Grub and Glugs as it only comes with the peanut feeder.

Mind you I won't get round to asking Dad until Sunday/Monday now. As he's gone to help my brther move house.

That's true, the lady's going to send me a picture of the other side today. It also has the feeders, but no run cover-so I'll just buy a winter shade next week sometime once it's arrived-if Dad says it's alright.

I'll have to get up fairly early on Saturday though to go and collect it as we'll have to go to Salisbury to collect. Also the day before I'm going ice skating and won't get back till midnight-I'll be knackered. I suppose I can sleep on the way there though.

make sure your dad car is big enough for it to fit in. when we got our second, which was a mark 2 it only just went in :shock: . we do only have a small car but if your dad has a car with a boot and not a hatch back you could really struggle to get it in. just a word of warning but you should keep this in mind.

looks a good eglu go for it! :D

That's true a (purple eglu) or a (blue eglu) I'll e-mail the Omlet boys and put my name on the waiting list for either a (blue eglu) or a (purple eglu)! It'll be better getting it from them as I'll get Grub and Glug's too-plus they'll be enough room for another chicken.............

At the moment I've put new posts up on chicken forums asking for one.