daniellebalgarnie

They should be a rabbi cube

I have thought the same when purchasing our new bunny house, the cube run is too wide for where we wanted to site the bunny house, but otherwise, with the half-ladder replaced by a full length ramp, the cube would be fine for rabbits I'd guess, it's definitely a lovely size. Many of the larger bunny houses on the market seem to be adaptable for both, with some of the bunny palaces even having a nesting/egg box which I guess can be used as a litter box, and being sold in identical model for chickens too. They're quite pretty, wooden made and have large runs that people can get into (maybe not tango in, but definitely access with some level of acceptable comfort).

This is an example of them:

http://www.ideas-4-pets.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image_additional&pID=2472&pic=0&products_image_large_additional=images/large/coveredcottage_01_LRG.jpg

Being wood they would require some more maintenance over the years than the cube (which is lovely and easy to clean and hose down and doesn't need treating), but they do look good and come at a decent size for a fraction of the price of the cube (we have a cube for our chooks, but the cost of it definitely made me choose a different hutch for my bunnies).

This being said, I could definitely not think of any reasons why bunnies wouldn't be happy in a cube with a proper ramp, which should be easy to make. My hutch has quite a steep run (it appears steep to me anyway) and we added sides to it for fear inexperienced bunnies would fall off, and wondered how long it'd take them to learn to go up and down it, and they learnt in about 5 minutes!! Not bad for baby bunnies! They hop up and down it with no problems.

Hi, I have that exact hutch/run for my 2 rabbits, and they love it! In the summer I leave the door open and they can sleep downstairs if it is too hot, and in the winter i lock them in the top overnight (which is very spacious). They also have another run that is on the grass, which they go into from time to time, but most often we let them have a romp around the garden! Easy to clean out (we have covered the inside boards with pond liner) and safe and dry, can't think of anything wrong with it! I'd certainly recommend it for any rabbit owners, and they are not too pricey either. I love having the peace of mind that my two have plenty of room and can choose where they want to be, as opposed to most domestic rabbits which are compelled to be in the run daytime, and hutch night-time.

Catherine