jennifer+simon

how did you all cope?

im picking up my little chooks tomorrow and i fee llike im going to wet my self with excitement..... im running around the house going chicken 'this' chicken 'that'! simon is getting quite annoyed..... the worse thing is im going to work this afternoon/evening so all those poor souls at workhave to listen to it (a relief for simon)

what can i do to keep my mind off it. of am i just going to be tormented until i get the beautiful little things?

i have to waittil mid day tommorow! im working 2-8 tonight but i need to be occupied the rest of the time or im going to go crazy!

i know exactly how you feel, i felt like that yesterday, luckily i was still building the wir so that made the day go quicker. i was up at the crack of dawn today and i'm soooo excited i think i'm gonna :vom: just hope i can calm down enough to drive sensibly :lol:

my advice is try and keep yourself as busy as possible that helps :lol:

good luck getting your chooks today! remember driving faster doesnt get you there any sooner than leaving early :wink:

ill be thinking of you tomorrow morning with your choocks whilst im bugging simon about leaving the house or we are going to be late!!! (happens every time) and then we will be like an housr early :P but thats me all together!

work will keep me busy but onlyfor 6 hours! maybe have a tipple tonight then ill sleep better, if i get any sleep at all!

good luck getting your chooks today! remember driving faster doesnt get you there any sooner than leaving early :wink:

ill be thinking of you tomorrow morning with your choocks whilst im bugging simon about leaving the house or we are going to be late!!! (happens every time) and then we will be like an housr early :P but thats me all together!

work will keep me busy but onlyfor 6 hours! maybe have a tipple tonight then ill sleep better, if i get any sleep at all!

sounds like me, if it was down to oh we'd be late all the time but i'm always there a whole lot earlier than i should be :lol: i'd be there now if i could :wink: my friend's coming with me today so oh has got a break from the chicken talk :lol: so i've got a car full of children and chickens to deal with :lol:

im picking up my little chooks tomorrow and i fee llike im going to wet my self with excitement..... im running around the house going chicken 'this' chicken 'that'! simon is getting quite annoyed..... the worse thing is im going to work this afternoon/evening so all those poor souls at workhave to listen to it (a relief for simon)

what can i do to keep my mind off it. of am i just going to be tormented until i get the beautiful little things?

i have to waittil mid day tommorow! im working 2-8 tonight but i need to be occupied the rest of the time or im going to go crazy!

I'm collecting mine at 10.30 on Monday and I'm exactly the same! Steve just doesn't understand - why did I have to marry a vulcan!? ;)

Well I've had my girls for nearly 2 weeks now and I'm still chicken crazy. All my friends and family hear about is Bob, Hermione and Berny, what they've been doing. What treats they like, how Olivia's been with them etc etc. I've not done my housework this week as all my spare time has been spent sat out with them.

Chickens are soooooo fab and I now look at my garden in a totally different way. For me it's like when I had Olivia - I can't remember what life was like before I had her and now I have my chooks I can't imagine not having them in the garden.

What I will be like when I get my first egg god only knows.

I've been to my brother's today and he has a massive back garden. All I kept saying to him was - "you really should think about getting a cube - you've got plenty of room for one and you could mark out a fab chicken run for them".

just got home from work. took the camera in to show everyone every single angle of the eglu, front, back, side, in, out and all the rest (think they were getting a bit sick of me)

im just sitting down with some icecream. willing to watch lesbian vampire killers with simon. as i know it will put me to sleep! sooo excited. my appointment is at 1230 tommorow so i have all morning to just wait wait and wait some more!

i did all my house work yesterday and this morning as i know i wont be doing it for a couple of weeks either! chooks come first.

just got to come up with somthing to do in the morning!

In the lead up to the weekend when we got our chooks I felt like a child who was waiting for Santa to arrive. All I thought about was 'which breed shall I get' 'how Olivia would react' etc. I worked the morning of the day we brought the girls home and hardly touched my lunch before we went as was so eager to get off and get to the farm.

It was fab viewing all the young chicks, cockerals, pure breeds, hybrids, pheasants, peacocks etc. I absolutely love the buff orpingtons - blooming massive they were but very impressive. If I had a big garden, room for a larger hen house then I'd have got one of those in addition.

just got home from work. took the camera in to show everyone every single angle of the eglu, front, back, side, in, out and all the rest (think they were getting a bit sick of me)

im just sitting down with some icecream. willing to watch lesbian vampire killers with simon. as i know it will put me to sleep! sooo excited. my appointment is at 1230 tommorow so i have all morning to just wait wait and wait some more!

i did all my house work yesterday and this morning as i know i wont be doing it for a couple of weeks either! chooks come first.

just got to come up with somthing to do in the morning!

good luck for tomorrow, the time will fly by :D i have to admit i calmed down enough to choose them but since they've been home i've got all excited again :lol:

can't wait to see your pics tomorrow :D

Good luck with your new ladies, but bad news...... they are addictive and even though we've had our girls since last September I am still addicted to them and miss them when we go away for the weekend, I spend far too long outside talking to them and finding new treat for my lovely ladies, I even don't mind cleaning them out (despite hating any form of housework!) - how am I ever going to do a week away????

Your girls will have you spending all summer in the garden - hope they settle in well. :D

oh dear, i feel rather rough, no sleep, i know if i get out of bed now its going to be like 4 1/2 hours before i can even leave! im going to go fill up the glug, and grub bowls. i already have the boxes ready,with shredded news paper, some mixed grain for when i collect them and the directions printed out (what you didnt know was i did all that wednesday) :anxious: i onlywaited til to day to fill the glug and grub bowls because i wanted it to be fresh for them....

im need t keep myself busy! any ideas?!

try not to explode with excitement before you leave :lol: i'm still excited, i got up and 6.30 this morning cos i was worried they'd be making loads of noise and annoy the neighbours. poor little things were still asleep and didn't appreciate me waking them up at all :lol: can't wait to see your pics :D

They have arrived! i got home around 100pm. they have settled in very well..... well the warrens have. the poor little light sussex is hiding in the house, they keep picking on her. i know this is normal but need some reassurence quick! oh dear, i feel like bringing her into the house with me! so nice to relax in the sun watching them. perfect weather to collect the little lovelys.