jennifer+simon

how did you all cope?

Lovely girls, congratulations :D:clap: .

Would you like your photos to show in your post? If so, when in Flickr just click on "all sizes", choose "medium" then "2. Grab the photo's URL:" and copy & paste it into your post. Highlight the link and click "Img" under the subject line ... Bob's your uncle :) . (Sorry if you know this already :oops: .)

ness

what are shoesnow cats i am intrigued

sarah

hi sarah,

snowshoe cats are a cross breed, siamese and american shorthaired cats. they're called snowshoe because they have four little white feet :D it's a lovely breed, very sweet natured but robust which is good cos my twins aren't always gentle with them :oops:

ive only just figured out how to get my photos on. getting worried about my little sugarblossom (light sussex) she is getting bullied by twinklebottom and tiggywinkle (warrens) if they are out she is in, if they are in she is out, really subdued and seems to be submisive. i know this is normal but i need some reassurence? im worried about having all three in the eglu tonight.

Well mine were pretty horrid and it lasted for a bit but they got over it. No blood was drawn just terrorising. Put them in the eglu together and tomorrow, don't lie in so you can check on them and reassure yourself. Then go back to bed and catch up on some of that sleep. Sweet chickenny dreams. :D

i'm sure they'll sort it out. skye is the biggest of our 4 and when we got home with them yesterday it seemed that she was top hen, but by the evening it had all changed and the two isa's were pecking her and chasing her. the isa's went to bed by themselves but we had to post the other two through the egg port :lol: not very dignified but they were all snuggled up together when i checked on them later that night. this morning i was up at the crack of dawn to let them out and they were all still asleep :lol: they weren't very impressed with me at all :oops: the pecking wasn't as bad during the day but they got a bit worse this evening. poor skye was left walking up and down the run while they all went to bed. in the end i helped her in through the door and they all snuggled again. so i think you need to be patient and just keep an eye on it.

and a very good morning to you! i couldnt sleep past 6, i got up to check sugarblossom! she was ok they seemed to have sleeped quite well! but the eggciting news is that we had our first egg, well that was a nice surprise! it has a peculiar pattern on it.... maybe an O for Omlet? very weird!

i was quite suprised simon got up soon after me at 630am!!!! ha he has never been up this early, especially on a sunday!

sugarblossom is still hiding away, we gave her a drink and some pellets but still not looking good for her!

Our first egg from tiggywinkle or twinklebottom

3580204189_d2f95e02d5.jpg

Simon's breakfast with our first egg, check out the size difference......

3580204033_a7f2d17227.jpg

What lovely pics of your girls and what a brilliant surprise to get an egg the first morning! :D

They will soon settle down together, once they sort out the pecking order. It sounds harsh, but unless there is real carnage, it is best to leave them to it. Peace will break out before you know it.

Can I ask where you got your girls from as I see you're a Birmingham Omleteer too? We're a growing band. :D:D:D

Thanks for the link. I'll have to check them out.

I got my first two from Omlet with the eglu. The next were from Warwickshire Rare Breeds Farm near Rugby (but I gather she no longer sells chooks). My Silkies were from Wernlas (near Ludlow) and the Araucanas from Pinvin Poultry (near Pershore). It's good to know there is a more local source, when OH lets me have more hens, that is. :lol:

I was a nightmare whilst waiting for my Omlet cube and chickens to arrive and then it got worse as had to wait, what felt like, ages for my first eggs!

My two gingernuts picked on my pepperpot to start with and I was so worried and felt so bad for her as hated seeing her frightened - however it all settled down and now they are fine together. The two gingernuts do stick together and are rarely apart leaving the pepperpot out but she is ok with it!

michelle

thank you, for your comments, grass is completelt ruined. im moving the run tonight and going to hose down that patch and just keep trying that..... to be honest! i dont care about the grass anymore as its well worth the sacrifice, as long as my little girls have something to scratch at!