gooner.girl

Football Chat

Evening all!

so you can relax - you WILL have the opportunity to see some of Bolton's greatest stars in action - I'm sure you were worried that you might not get to see some of them!!

I wouldn't know which are their big stars and which aren't anyway Phil, as far as i'm concerned they don't have any! I couldn't even tell you their usual 11! :oops: Thats how interesting they are to me! Sorry! :wink: Have started to take slightly more of an interest just for teasing purposes now i have met you....

I wonder if Nic Anelka will get stick though???!!!

As for the picture and the string vest! Bleurgh! Not quite my cup of tea Phil! Even Wenger in his string vest wouldn't be to my highly refined tastes :? Have they done that test on football fans as well as managers do you know? Cos when i'm watching "Ooops, word censored!"nal - particuarly penalty shootouts (or listening on the radio - thats even WORSE!) i reckon my bloodpressure and heart rate rocket through the roof! Like they may do on sunday no doubt! :?

Helen

x

get away!! I thought you were from Sheffield way... :wink:

this picture is from a documentary he did to measure the dangerous stress levels that a football manager experiences during your average premiership game.. (it was quite frightening! - it's a wonder more of them don't just drop dead on the side of the pitch...)

8)

Phil

I live in Sheffield but am a Mancunian and we have very exacting standards when it comes to male totty and any man in a string vest has automatically ruled himself out. :lol:

What happened to Martin having a nice afternoon ?

Martin is doomed not to have another nice afternoon as O'Neill takes the Good Ship Villa dangerously close to the Championship Bermuda Triangle... and as it sinks adding a few new deckchairs to the sun-deck....

so a new title seems sensible!

:lol:

Phil

I changed the title so that any newcomers to the forum will know straight away what it is about :D - and avoid it like the plague :lol:

.... or join in of course! :D

The old title seemed a bit irrelevant as this topic has evolved and is here to stay as a subject on its own 8)

I suggested the 'we all follow the "Ooops, word censored!"nal' thread or 'Bolton, Villa and Chelsea suck' thread but Lesley wasn't having any of it! :wink: Plus i didn't want to be the only one posting on here!

Martin is doomed not to have another nice afternoon as O'Neill takes the Good Ship Villa dangerously close to the Championship Bermuda Triangle... and as it sinks adding a few new deckchairs to the sun-deck....

Phil, you're so funny... :lol::lol::lol: Not sure Martin will think so though, i think he quite liked having a thread named in his honour!

I suggested the 'we all follow the "Ooops, word censored!"nal' thread or 'Bolton, Villa and Chelsea suck' thread but Lesley wasn't having any of it! :wink:

you cheeky monkey!

Phil, you're so funny... :lol::lol::lol: Not sure Martin will think so though, i think he quite liked having a thread named in his honour!

I saw the press conference at the Villa today - and they interviewed yon new Norwegian fellah..

he said something like... "I am really thrilled to be here... Aston Villa is a really big club.. they are pressing for a top six place and Europe.."

:lol::lol:

Phil

he said something like... "I am really thrilled to be here... Aston Villa is a really big club.. they are pressing for a top six place and Europe.."

So the same aspirations as Bolton eh? Except for the big club bit... No mention of winning championships, fa cups, european champions leagues!

We have Hleb, Aliadiere and probably Eboue out for sunday as well as Van Persie, Ljungberg and Gallas still... :(

So the same aspirations as Bolton eh? Except for the big club bit... No mention of winning championships, fa cups, european champions leagues!

We have Hleb, Aliadiere and probably Eboue out for sunday as well as Van Persie, Ljungberg and Gallas still... :(

There's nowt wrong with Eboue - he's just scared of Sir Kevin Davies.. he's hiding under the bed..

"Mummy - has that scary man who pushed me over gone away yet??" :lol:

Phil

What have you two done with Martin????? Where is he???

Phil and I kidnapped him, he's currently locked in my eglu, wrapped in an "Ooops, word censored!"nal scarf and a Bolton hat and is not allowed to come out until he has declared that 'Villa WILL be relegated this season, cos they're pants' :wink:

I don't know really - why are you blaming us?!!! :wink::lol:

What have you two done with Martin????? Where is he???

Phil and I kidnapped him, he's currently locked in my eglu, wrapped in an "Ooops, word censored!"nal scarf and a Bolton hat and is not allowed to come out until he has declared that 'Villa WILL be relegated this season, cos they're pants' :wink:

I don't know really - why are you blaming us?!!! :wink::lol:

and he's constantly being played "BLUE IS THE COLOUR" on CD (just like the "white noise" torture treatment) :wink::lol:

and he's constantly being played "BLUE IS THE COLOUR" on CD (just like the "white noise" torture treatment)

Poor boy... Thats enough to scar anyone for life!

Anyhow Chelsea, predictions for sunday please? You can go first!

I'm still dreaming of Thierry Henry.... Andrew and I are fighting over his gorgeous body but i've told him i'm going to win as i am seeing him on sunday... If you're watching on sky, i'll be the streaker invading the pitch with 'marry me Thierry' written on my backside :wink: Phil and OH will be going :roll::roll::roll: and pretending not to know me! :wink::lol:

:lol: Perhaps some better afternoons for Martin next season? Sheffield utd eh?

OK, I'm putting my predictions without reading any others, it came to me in the night..."Ooops, word censored!"nal to win, of course.

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 2.....Bolton 0 (sorry, Phil)

Chelsea 2... Nottingham 1 but, that it will be 1/1 until injury/extra time.

I could have gone to Watford today! Someone cancelled an appt yesterday as too ill, then added "& I've got Watford tickets too". Instead of saying, oh hope you get better soon, why didn't I say, I'll have your tickets! Far too polite :roll:

PS. Just scrolled back...you're expecting a lot of goals Martin! I think both games will go a long time at 0/0 before the goals... :)

here's a certain "Ooops, word censored!"ne Wenger on Bolton..

(he's plainly gone quite mad!!)

8)

Phil

Bolton have lost only once in their last seven games against The Gunners and Wenger is under no illusions about the size of his team's task at The Emirates Stadium in the third successive year that the two sides have met in the FA Cup.

"They are always a good character test - but they are a good side as well. People sometimes forget that," said Wenger.

"Okay, they might have minimal resources, but they have people like Nicolas Anelka and El-Hadji Diouf - they are not minimal resource players.

"Bolton can play. You cannot say that (Gary) Speed is not a football player. Nor (Ivan) Campo, or (Kevin) Nolan, or Anelka, or Diouf. They are football players - good football players.

"Chelsea wanted (Tal) Ban Haim - it is not just because he can kick the ball, it is because he is a good football player. That is why they get results."

The Gunners lost 3-1 at The Reebok Stadium in the Premiership in November, but Wenger is sure that his team have the necessary spirit and character to avoid a repeat result on home turf.

"We have not had the best of games every time we got up there to Bolton, but we were a bit unlucky this season," he added.

"They scored two amazing goals and we had the best part of the game.

"Maybe one or two years ago, we were not ready to face this type of opponent, but the team has improved a lot on this side."

See Phil, You say Wenger is a moaner, can't be gracious in defeat, always slates other teams etc and thats what the press reckon as well. But he's not like that as your article shows....

"Ooops, word censored!"ne for Prime Minister!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He'd be the best candidate out of all the premiership managers anyway, cos he's the most intelligent (not hard i know) hence why he's at "Ooops, word censored!"nal and not Bolton, Villa or Chelsea, he knows a good club when he see's one - we haven't sold our soul to a billionaire! :wink:

COME ON YOU GOONERS!!!!!!

(getting all fired up for tomorrows match!!!) :oops:

See Phil, You say Wenger is a moaner, can't be gracious in defeat, always slates other teams etc and thats what the press reckon as well. But he's not like that as your article shows....

"Ooops, word censored!"ne for Prime Minister!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He'd be the best candidate out of all the premiership managers anyway, cos he's the most intelligent (not hard i know) hence why he's at "Ooops, word censored!"nal and not Bolton, Villa or Chelsea, he knows a good club when he see's one - we haven't sold our soul to a billionaire! :wink:

COME ON YOU GOONERS!!!!!!

(getting all fired up for tomorrows match!!!) :oops:

nahhh.. it's psychology that's all!! Wenger has realised to his cost that it is counter-productive to moan about Bolton's "physical style" before a game - and to try to get under the ref's skin (like the Fat Waiter does)..

so he's trying a different tack - he thinks that if he praises our football style then we'll be flattered and as a consequence play like softy-southern-pansies...

anyway - seems like you're in a bit of a cleft stick, girl..

either:

1. Wenger is right - and Bolton are a great footballing team (and as you say - "he knows a good club when he see's one")

or

2. Wenger is talking rubbish

which is it?? :lol:

Phil

Phil, how do you always manage to turn every argument against me!? :evil: You're to clever for your own good sometimes you know...

WENGER NEVER TALKS RUBBISH!

And he didn't say Bolton were a GREAT team he just said they were GOOD, had some GOOD players and had scored some amazing goals against us (as i remember the ones he's referring to were by an EX "Ooops, word censored!"nal player) :wink:

They are quite good Phil (sometimes) just not as good as the might "Ooops, word censored!"NAL! Well, noone is actually!!

So, come on where are tomorrows predictions if you're so confident you have a great team i shall see you predicting a bolton win! :wink::lol:

So, come on where are tomorrows predictions if you're so confident you have a great team i shall see you predicting a bolton win! :wink::lol:

Here's my predictions then...

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 2 Bolton 0

Chelsea 3 Nottingham 0

there's me - confident as ever... :wink: so that's just Chelsea and Helen holding back now..... :wink:

Phil

So no Bolton win then Phil? I thought they were a great team - better then "Ooops, word censored!"nal? :wink::lol::silenced:

Humm. OH reckons Chelsea will win 4-2 and "Ooops, word censored!"nal 2-1. But I'm gonna put

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 1 - 0 Bolton

Chelsea 3 - 1 Forest

:?:?

Not very confident though.....

Its tomorrow Phil!!! Hasn't it come round quick? Time has flown... I must be getting old... :?:cry:

Are you excited? I always get extra excited when i actually get to go and see them live! I'll be bouncing off the ceilings by tomorrow morning (that should make for fun in church! :lol: )

Am videoing it on sky sports though so i can re-watch all the Bolton hacking later... :wink::wink: