gooner.girl

Football Chat

So no Bolton win then Phil? I thought they were a great team - better then "Ooops, word censored!"nal? :wink::lol::silenced:

now, now... I never said that....

Humm. OH reckons Chelsea will win 4-2 and "Ooops, word censored!"nal 2-1. But I'm gonna put

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 1 - 0 Bolton

Chelsea 3 - 1 Forest

:?:?

Not very confident though.....

it looks like you're more confident that I am!! :lol:

"Ooops, word censored!"nal are clearly a better side than Bolton - man-for-man, on paper... BUT.. whilst "Ooops, word censored!"nal have way more cash than we do - and a hugely bigger squad - and some of the best players in the world....

that's not all that matters on the pitch.. The reason for Bolton's recent edge over "Ooops, word censored!"nal is that Bolton outclass "Ooops, word censored!"nal in heart and team-spirit - intangible, but real!

sometimes grit, determination and good old fashioned team-spirit will defeat on-paper excellence... (unfortunately it can't sustain you through a whole season... this is the same thing that produces cup upsets)

BUT - you have home advantage - so I think you will win... the best we can hope for is to scab a draw and take you back to the Reebok - then my prediction would change!!

Its tomorrow Phil!!! Hasn't it come round quick? Time has flown... I must be getting old... :?:cry:

Are you excited? I always get extra excited when i actually get to go and see them live! I'll be bouncing off the ceilings by tomorrow morning (that should make for fun in church! :lol: )

Am videoing it on sky sports though so i can re-watch all the Bolton hacking later... :wink::wink:

...in glorious slow-motion!! I can't wait!! :wink:

Phil

"Ooops, word censored!"nal are clearly a better side than Bolton - man-for-man, on paper... BUT.. whilst "Ooops, word censored!"nal have way more cash than we do - and a hugely bigger squad - and some of the best players in the world....

that's not all that matters on the pitch.. The reason for Bolton's recent edge over "Ooops, word censored!"nal is that Bolton outclass "Ooops, word censored!"nal in heart and team-spirit - intangible, but real!

sometimes grit, determination and good old fashioned team-spirit will defeat on-paper excellence... (unfortunately it can't sustain you through a whole season... this is the same thing that produces cup upsets)

Phil, yes we are clearly the best side on paper, BUT i reckon we are the best side in the league on paper... (maybe thats just me being biased, but technically we are very gifted - bit like our fans eh???! :?:wink: Or not... )

Heart, grit, determination and team spirit? I admit in George Grahams day we had a lot more of that then we do now, Adams, Merse, Keown, Davis, Rocastle etc...) but whenever our players get emotionally involved and stuck in (Eboue and Lehmann being prime examples) we get accused of hacking and cheating!

Lehmann gets wound up cos he cares and he shows it easily so i don't mind that he's a bit of a nutcase (and an embarrassment at times) cos it shows he has got grit and determination and if you say he's a cheat, so's Nolan, winding him up stepping on him and stuff... :wink:

Everyone knows how to push Lehmanns buttons and wind him up, bit like you do mine Phil *grins... Is that a talent you display elsewhere in your life or do you just save it all for me?! :wink::)

So either way i can't win Phil... We're southern pansies or dirty cheats according to you... If you ask me i think you're jealous that you got lumbered with Bolton from childhood and couldn't be a gooner... :wink::lol: Its ok, its not to late to change now! You know you want to!

If you ask me i think you're jealous that you got lumbered with Bolton from childhood and couldn't be a gooner... :wink::lol: Its ok, its not to late to change now! You know you want to!

Indeed... that's what my therapist says... unfortunately she says there's no cure... :wink:

Phil

Indeed... that's what my therapist says... unfortunately she says there's no cure...

I should think there 'no cure' for quite a lot of things in your case Phil...... :lol::lol::wink:

Glad you're finally admitting you really should be a gooner! i have a spare "Ooops, word censored!"nal shirt i can bring you tomorrow if you like? Not sure it will fit though?! :?:wink::lol:

Just listening to the "Ooops, word censored!"nal - Bolton podcast, Wenger says the team will be pretty much a premiership side tomorrow...

Helen

P.S thanks for showing me how to use photobucket Phil, have got quite carried away sticking photos on there!

Indeed... that's what my therapist says... unfortunately she says there's no cure...

I should think there 'no cure' for quite a lot of things in your case Phil...... :lol::lol::wink:

you're probably right, Helen... :wink:

Glad you're finally admitting you really should be a gooner! i have a spare "Ooops, word censored!"nal shirt i can bring you tomorrow if you like? Not sure it will fit though?! :?:wink::lol:

Just listening to the "Ooops, word censored!"nal - Bolton podcast, Wenger says the team will be pretty much a premiership side tomorrow...

maybe this trip to the Emirates will be just what I need to finally convert me, eh? let's see....

I'm preaching to a church full of Gooner fans and West Ham fans tomorrow.. the Spammers will be keeping quiet (having just lost to Watford) the Gooners will be looking nervous... :lol:

as for me - I'm very very nervous... :wink:

Phil

I'm preaching to a church full of Gooner fans and West Ham fans tomorrow..

I didn't know that little old ladies were so big into football Phil!?! :wink:

as for me - I'm very very nervous...

And so you should be, the Mighty "Ooops, word censored!"nal are coming to get you!!! (actually i think there will only be 1 goal in it either way :? ) Lets just hope it goes to the team in red and white... I don't mind buying first round if we win! :lol:

Glad you're happy Sheila! Chelsea, sorry to say but i really hope Forest cause the big upset! 2 "Ooops, word censored!"nal - Chelsea cup finals would be boring! :wink::lol:

Helen

x

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

PS. Sorry, but I'm still laughing about West Ham...I didn't post earlier in case anyone was waiting for Match of the Day, but now you know.

Well done, Watford. 8)

PS. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

well done Watford indeed!!! anyone who rains on West Ham's Parade is a friend of mine!!

8)

Phil

Well done Watford, shame it isn't 3 points, only 5th round, perhaps an unwanted distraction! :?

the FA cup often provides a welcome relief for struggling teams - it's almost as if he burden of the premiership is lifted and they can relax for a game....

I heard Curbishley interviewed after the game - he said "we play Watford in the league in a few weeks time - I'll take the three points then.."

I'm not sure you will mate - don't count those chickens...

:roll:

Phil

Well done Watford, shame it isn't 3 points, only 5th round, perhaps an unwanted distraction! :?

Believe me, Martin, if we lose to "Ooops, word censored!"nal tomorrow - that's precisely the excuse I shall use..

"concentrating on the league" :lol:

in fact, BigSam said as much today - you get a million squid for winning the FA cup - which is the same as you get for finishing two places higher in the league..

but...

as Bolton were the first team to win the FA Cup at Wembley - it would only be fair if we were also the first club to win it at the New Wembley..

if anyone knocks us out - they are just being big meanies...

8)

Phil

Phils right Martin! (excuse me whilst i faint :wink::shock: )

The F.A cup is a great leveller as well. One off games are so hard to predict and lots of lower league teams are much more up for it then some of the big premier ones. We won't go into any of "Ooops, word censored!"nal shock losses in the cup but they've not been pretty.....

Maybe Watford winning in the cup will give them the confidence to go on to do better in the league?

Believe me, Martin, if we lose to "Ooops, word censored!"nal tomorrow - that's precisely the excuse I shall use..

"concentrating on the league" :lol:

in fact, BigSam said as much today - you get a million squid for winning the FA cup - which is the same as you get for finishing two places higher in the league..

but...

as Bolton were the first team to win the FA Cup at Wembley - it would only be fair if we were also the first club to win it at the New Wembley..

if anyone knocks us out - they are just being big meanies...

8)

Phil

Phil, you do make me laugh! :lol: I think the expression 'Big Meanies' is far more likely to be used about Bolton then "Ooops, word censored!"nal.

Bolton winning the cup at Wembley - was that the white horse final or have i got my history wrong? Have they won it since Phil? :wink::lol:

Anyhow you knocked us out last year. This time its our turn, its only fair you know...

Bolton winning the cup at Wembley - was that the white horse final or have i got my history wrong? Have they won it since Phil? :wink::lol:

Anyhow you knocked us out last year. This time its our turn, its only fair you know...

yes - that was the White Horse final - 1923... ahhhh.. I remember it well!! :wink:

there were 200,000 fans crammed into Wembley that day - so many that they were lined up right along the goal-line, and when David Jack scored Bolton's first - it rebounded straight back out (knocking several of them over!!)

we have won it 3 times since then...

OK - as we knocked you out last year we'll let you win it this time...

(honest!)

8)

Phil

I bet you remember it Phil... :wink::lol:

David Jack??? Wasn't he a gooner?!

When was the last year Bolton won the cup Phil? In your living memory?

1958.. (we also won the subsequent Charity Shield..)

our ladies won a nice plate last year, though... :wink:

Phil

Hummm. Bolton ladies... Not quite in the same class as "Ooops, word censored!"nal ladies - plate or not...

1958!!!! Wow! thats a long time ago. :lol:

I am sure David Jack played for "Ooops, word censored!"nal, i think he was in our team of the 1930's that won everything going, (remember that as well Phil?) not sure if it was before or after his time at Bolton... Must be after if the cup final was '23 ...

(Just checked Wikipedia, he was at "Ooops, word censored!"nal after Bolton (went on to better things... ) :wink: )

Come on you Gunners!!!

Leaving here in about half an hour for the match!

Well - I was nearly right with the score - darn !! :roll:

from a neutral point of view -

A WELL deserved replay for Bolton, "Ooops, word censored!"nal didnt really start playing till Baptista came on. Bolton bossed the 1st half, Adebayour should have been shown a card for his dive in the penalty area in the 1st half :shock: .

Great goal from Nolan, and excellent build up play to the goal itself :clap:

But as you know "Ooops, word censored!"nal are the come back kids, and I was beginning to think they were gonna win, great header from Toure for the equaliser!! :clap:

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE GAME PHIL AND HELEN, !!!...at least you both had chances to celebrate a goal and neither of you have left the game gutted (but I suspect Phil will be happier with the replay :wink::lol: )

Did you have good seats??? Cos could clearly see that one of the tiers appeared quite empty, and there's nothing worse than sitting where theres no noise or accompanying crowd.