Tink

Giving Flubenvet

Hi everyone

I just read on one of the other posts that Flubenvet can be given using 1/2 a grape instead of mixing it in to the feed, due to the fact that most of the feed gets spread over the ground I think this might be the best way...Does anyone know the quantity of medication needed on the grape please?

Thanks

I think you just cut the grape in half and dip the wet side in the powder, not a lot fo science involved!

Depending on the strength of your Flubenvet you could measure out the required dose and dip from there

Personally although lots of people use the grape method I go by the recommended dose mixed with the food method as per the instructions

i found the best way to mix it is to use a bread bag put about 100 grams in the bag slug of cod liver oil wormer the shake then add more bread bag holds about 1kg them tip into pedal bin bag for the rest don't use a carrier bag you end up wearing the feed :oops::lol: no prizes for guessing how i found that out :o

i found the best way to mix it is to use a bread bag put about 100 grams in the bag slug of cod liver oil wormer the shake then add more bread bag holds about 1kg them tip into pedal bin bag for the rest don't use a carrier bag you end up wearing the feed :oops::lol: no prizes for guessing how i found that out :o

Thats a good idea - thanks - didnt think of that...I was a bit worried that the flubenvet was just sitting at the bottom of the bowl when I'd mixed it - didnt think of using anything to make it stick :doh:

Thats a good idea - thanks - didnt think of that...I was a bit worried that the flubenvet was just sitting at the bottom of the bowl when I'd mixed it - didnt think of using anything to make it stick :doh:

i can't take the credit pick the tip up from another thread for useing limstone flour i thought if it works for 1 powder it'll work for another :lol:

but don't do what I did which was to measure enough feed & flubenvet for 4 days and then 4 days later absentmindedly measure enough feed and limestone flour for 3 days ....it took me ages to work out why it hadn't worked!

BTW - I don't think many chickens need to be force fed grapes :D