Egluntyne

Here is a useful site.

Another interesting site is this blog from the Daily Telegraph online.

And anyone looking for a local course should start here with the British Bee Keepers' Association - search around for a group near you, and they'll probably have their own website or a contact number you can ring to find out if they're running a course. The BBKA site contains lots of useful info, and a forum but you have to register before you can read posts on it.

I just got this in today from the martin lewis website.

Ive had a quick look but cant find this info yet here? ..doesnt mean to say it isnt already here though so sorry if its a duplicate post..!

https://secure.csl.gov.uk/beebase/ BeeBase !bee!

It seems that beebase will come out and inspect your hive if you register with them if they have an inspector in your area... this service is apparently free.. so might be of help to some to have any worries put to rest..

I dont have bees but I`m so glad that theres more and more beekeeping officianados out there! !bee!

...agree that the best place to start is with your local beekeeping association website, as local people will have the best ideas for your area...

...but also found a great podcast on iTunes. It is a US podcaster, but still very interesting... his website is here http://nkybeekeeper.blogspot.com/ and you can get to the podcast link from there.

I have been blogging my beekeeping experiences too. I have only been keeping bees for a year, but really enjoying it... almost as much fun as the chickens!

Hive.jpg

Interested in any other good links people find! !bee!

Goodness how brilliant, and I love the little wooden stakes with the printed info..

I must say that I was quite alarmed at the sharp banging down of the sections to get the bees off.. reminded me of little chicks that I saw on a conveyor belt falling from a great height (bouncing) !

Thanks for that info.. looking forward to my bee things arriving soon.

What a fabulous video. I've only watched the first one so far, but it's fascinating. It looked like he was demonstrating the "Shook Swarm" method. I would never dare work with bees with so little protection (except for a quick top-up of the syrup in a feeder). I loved his little labels too. :D

I thought some of you might be interested to read this blog, written by a beginner bee keeper - well, one year in, which is pretty much a beginner. He's been very open about the things that he's got wrong, as well as what's gone right. It's a useful insight into the first year of a hive, and quite entertaining reading!