Gigi

London area chicken sitter needed!

Hello everyone, we're going away for 3 weeks and I am having serious qualms about leaving my 3 ladies in the care of the nice but slack family upstairs. Is there anyone else who would be able to chicken sit our 3 hens? We could drop off the whole eglu, or just the hens. I feel so guilty leaving them, and really want to find someone responsible and reliable to care for them while we're away.

Any offers or suggestions gratefully received. You can email me via barbara@omlet.co.uk

Many thanks.

Hi Gigi,

I've removed your e-mail address from the posting as it's not a good idea to put personal information on a forum that can be seen by guests as well as registered members. I've sent it on to Barbara at Omlet who will pass on any messages to you. Alternatively people can PM you through the forum as Christian has pointed out.

hello! We are going away from the evening of the 16th (this saturday!) until the 7th Jan. 3 whole weeks.

We won't make it out of london but thanks to Tina C and Claret for kindest offers.

Aunty e - let me know what you think (I can return the chicken sitting favour in summer of course)... i'm waiting to hear back from Hackney city farm who may be able to help...

Thanks all.

Theoretically this is possible, but I think I need to measure the garden. Also (of course unhelpfully) I am away for the weekend from Friday evening. So it would need to be friday afternoon or thursday evening drop off. Anyway, I will measure the garden to check that I can temporarily fit another eglu in and perhaps you can have a think about it/wait to hear from Hackney City Farm. If nothing else, I can certainly pop down to the farm and make sure they're alright every few days as I go in all the time to pick up bits and pieces and surreptitiously treat their poultry.

Oh yes please, if you do think you could squeeze another eglu in let me know and if Hackney City Farm say no I will email you first thing Thursday (but the lady sounded optimistic so I am really hoping not to have to impose on anyone else..). On the offchance they say no and you say yes, then we would deliver the eglu (and supplies) thursday.. But anyway, I don't want to jump the gun here.

Would be lovely to know you'd keep an eye out if you pop into the farm. I also love going there. The pigs are wonderful.

I've measured up, and we can fit another one in with room to walk between them, so if you have no joy, give me shout (although I should warn you it'll be tight and we have no grass left any more so they'll be on bark/leaves/mud :oops: ). Otherwise, I'll stick my nose in at the farm every so often to check they're ok!

not sure if my other email came through....Dear Aunty e, a reliable neighbour has offered to look after the chickens :) but thank you SO much for taking the time to measure your garden and making the kind offer, we really appreciate it. Please do ask if you need a sitter when you are next away and if we can help we will.

All the best, Gigi

Oh hurrah! No email, but not to worry, I hadn't tidied yet! Glad to know they'll be ok for Christmas, and I shall certainly keep you in mind for future chook sitting, although I'd feel horrifically guilty inflicting my ten monsters on anyone.

Maybe I'll share the love, three chickens here, two chickens there.....

Have a great break anyway!