Guest chookiehen

Edinburgh Get Together.

Which date would be better for you?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which date would be better for you?

• First Saturday in March
    • First Saturday in April

Ok chaps, it would appear that the date has been set for the first Saturday in March. I'd like an idea as to how many people are coming, so could you let me know if you are making the journey over/up/down to Edinburgh, and we can get some stuff srrted! (If you are still wavering over wether to come or not, I'll promise NOT to sing at any point during the day, if it makes any difference...... :lol: )

I'm struggling with finding somewhere to stay, we may end up having to get 2 rooms. The Travelodges etc seem to be full, at least if you try and book online, and a lot of the b & b's will only take one child :x

I will not be defeated though and we will be there

Actually March would be good, I'm probably going to Edinburgh for http://www.ivfdf2007.org/ which just happens to be the same weekend :D

Just browsing post and noticed this I wonder if this is the reason I can't get anywhere to stay

Nothing to do with us, not that many people and we sleep on sleeping bags on the floor.

I'd like to come along at some point, I am in Edinburgh for the day and could hopefully disappear off for a few hours in the day. Is there a plan yet? I'm not actually sure where I am yet, the locations bit on the website is broken. I won't have transport so depends if I could get there or if a kind person could give me a lift :wink:

Which venue are you going to be at? All those places are fairly central, inrelation to anywhere we would be on the Saturday, well within walking distance - if you want to PM and let me know where you are going to be, and until what time, I can either give you directions to get to us, or arrange for you to be picked up if you are further afield!

We've had a bit of a misunderstanding over the plans :? We should still be coming though.

In November/early December, I asked my son if he would farmsit for us for a long weekend so that we could come. We didn't want to travel so far and not get a chance to see Edinburgh, also, Carl wants to do some fishing and a fly-tieing course. We won't have pigs on the farm and the lambs won't be due - an ideal time to take a break.

I contacted the fishing tuition people and also, a cottage near to Louise. The cottage people took so long replying that I only heard from them this weekend. I confirmed the booking last night. Son arrived this morning and announced that his girlfriend had found reasonable priced flights for them to go to Romania (her home) and had booked them - 20 Feb to 4 March :shock:

It's most unlike him to forget and he was devastated. They can't change their flights. He went home and obviously had a chat with his sister because my daughter then rang me and offered to farmsit (to repay all the free childcare for the last 9 years :wink: )

Those of you who have met my SIL know that he is not an animal person at all :roll::wink: - we'll have to get all the animals in paddocks so that he can throw the food at a trough and run :lol: Lauren and Jake will sort him out :lol: I don't think he knows anything about it yet :?:shock:

Edited by Guest