Guest chookiehen

Edinburgh Get Together.

Which date would be better for you?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which date would be better for you?

• First Saturday in March
    • First Saturday in April

OK chaps, we're going to have a get together up in Sunny Edinburgh, but we need a bit of input from those of you who want to come. There is a fabulous Farmers Market held in Castle Terrace, on a Saturday, and we thought we could combine a wander around the market with a few drinkies, food, what-ever you fancy!

So, we need to know which you would prefer - the first Saturday in March, or the first Saturday in April. The poll will run till December 31st, after which we will go with the most popular, and start making full arrangements.

For those of you further South, Castle Terrace is a short walk from Waverly Station, and if you can get cheap flights, then there is a Bus service from Edinburgh Airport to the City Centre.

Edinburgh is full of hotels, for those of you who fancy making a weekend of it, and some great pubs - all are welcome, the more the merrier!

Edited by Guest

We go away on the 31st March, so if its before then and we can get cheap flights, then we'd like to come if we can. I love Edinburgh :D

Clare :shock: - what have I told you about speed reading? :roll:

The first Saturday in March is usually before the 31st - unless there's a shortage of Saturdays next year? :wink:

We go away on the 31st March, so if its before then and we can get cheap flights, then we'd like to come if we can. I love Edinburgh :D

Clare :shock: - what have I told you about speed reading? :roll:

The first Saturday in March is usually before the 31st - unless there's a shortage of Saturdays next year? :wink:

:lol::lol: Sorry, people keep coming in and distracting me :roll:

I think the 1st weekend in March might be preferable.

Firstly the April weekend clashes with Jimmys and secondly it will definately be cheaper to travel in March than the easter weekend, flights, hotels, rail travel will be much more expensive travelling then

You can def include us if it's March, we like Edinburgh 8)

:? I'm voting for March because the others are right, Easter w/e and Jimmy's make the April date out for many of us.

However, Shep will be away in Chile :twisted: , and I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to leave all my dependents & related responsibilities, unless some of them can look after each other! So, I won't book immediately in New Year, so much can change in a few weeks.

Agh, isn't life complicated sometimes? Plus, before I checked the date, I was thinking that Shep and I would go together. :twisted:

But, I'll do my best to be there, in theory I'd love to, it just depends on those other commitments, of which there are several!

Kate, my brothers are flying to Inverness on New Year's Eve for £40 each. Maybe the flights won't be too bad? And you could park at my house . . .

I would love to go. I've been nagging DH for years to go to Edinburgh. But I too have various things to consider - I had planned to sing in London that day and also we have a German girl coming to stay on 14th for 10 days. That means swapping bedrooms around, decorating, cleaning and lots of other stuff I hate! :evil::( All stuff which means I should be at home!