Lesley Posted December 29, 2006 Share Posted December 29, 2006 Am confused...... Are we talking 3d as in 3 dimensional or 3d as in "threppence"? 3d as in threppence is = to 1 and a 1/4 pennies in old money. 2 and a 1/2 p was = to sixpence (a "tanner") 5p was = to a shilling. (There were 20 shillings in £1 and 12 pence in a shilling) Those were the days, eh, Lesley!! Don't make me feel any older Egluntine!!! Don't forget - we are Forum Twins and you'll be catching me up in February!!! I used to have sixpence a week pocket money My first job when I was 14 and worked through the summer holidays, I was paid one shilling and sixpence an hour for assembling raffle ticket books for the printers Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted December 29, 2006 Share Posted December 29, 2006 Lesley says: you'll be catching me up in February!!! Wink Don't remind me!! Trouble is....I'm still 16 inside my head. I think I've said this before. One look in the mirror and reality floods back. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted December 30, 2006 Share Posted December 30, 2006 Trouble is....I'm still 16 inside my head. I used to work in a care home some years ago and all the ladies there felt like they were still teenagers too & some acted like in on occasions, much to the amusement of all around! One even did a striptease in the lounge (before you ask yes she did have all her marbles!) Im sure we all have our 'old' days but the longer you keep the feeling of being 16 Egluntine the better life will be - a young outlook is good for everyone!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gooner.girl Posted December 30, 2006 Share Posted December 30, 2006 Now Em, I don't think Lesley and Egluntine are so old they need to be in a care home yet... Well, not quite anyway!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted December 30, 2006 Share Posted December 30, 2006 I just knew someone would make a reference to that! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gooner.girl Posted December 30, 2006 Share Posted December 30, 2006 hard to resist Emma, you walked right into it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted December 30, 2006 Share Posted December 30, 2006 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted December 30, 2006 Share Posted December 30, 2006 perhaps not a care home - just one of those that do a nice line in long sleeved white jackets? I'm still older than Egluntine - I feel 19 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted December 30, 2006 Author Share Posted December 30, 2006 We used to like making things out of those beads! Is it called Hama or something like that? Are they the ones you iron to fix together? Yes, except nowadays they're also made by perler too. So most of them are a mixture of both. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted December 30, 2006 Share Posted December 30, 2006 perhaps not a care home - just one of those that do a nice line in long sleeved white jackets? Lesley you should know better than to make comments like that around me! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted December 30, 2006 Author Share Posted December 30, 2006 Back on the subject, (it seems to have gone a bit off topic and started talking about nut houses!!! ) What do you honestly think of them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mel (& Paul) Posted January 1, 2007 Share Posted January 1, 2007 Nut houses? They are wonderful Sorry, couldnt resist! Very enterprising Ubereglu - but then I wouldnt expect anything less from you my love Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted January 1, 2007 Share Posted January 1, 2007 I have a slight concern about it being made from Hama Sometimes it comes apart, even when well ironed - and especially when Jazz gets hold of it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted January 1, 2007 Author Share Posted January 1, 2007 You should see the state of them once I've ironed them though Lesley!!! They end up about a third of the thickness than what they were to start with. I must admit I only had problems ironing the orange ones though. Maybe it was just the type of bead. But after I'd repaired it it didn't seem to come apart once I'd gone over it and pressed down hard with a very hot iron. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted January 1, 2007 Share Posted January 1, 2007 I'm afraid they still wouldn't survive my sprogs - no matter how hard I iron one's efforts, the little one still manages to tear them apart! Sorry Liz, hama is now banned in this house! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted January 1, 2007 Share Posted January 1, 2007 Sorry Liz, hama is now banned in this house! and in this one Jazz thought all her birthdays had arrived at once when she got hold of some Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted January 2, 2007 Author Share Posted January 2, 2007 Oh dear...Well if I attached a warning to them-only if I sell them mind. I have e-mailed a piccie to Johannes to see what they thought of them, mind you they haven't replied yet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted January 2, 2007 Share Posted January 2, 2007 I think they are still on holiday Liz, having a well deserved rest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted January 2, 2007 Author Share Posted January 2, 2007 I think they got back today actually, as on their homepage it says they are having a holiday, but they say that Omlet HQ reopens on 2nd January, which is today!!! Mind you their e-mail is probably full from all of us already!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnnieP Posted January 2, 2007 Share Posted January 2, 2007 I would imagine they might be up to their eyeballs with New Eglu orders from people lucky enough to have one promised for Christmas! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted January 2, 2007 Author Share Posted January 2, 2007 And they're probably sorting out all the shop orders too, along with brochure requests and the like!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnnieP Posted January 2, 2007 Share Posted January 2, 2007 AND Maybe busy with the Mark 3 !!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted January 2, 2007 Share Posted January 2, 2007 Too true Annie - do you have your voucher at the ready? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnnieP Posted January 2, 2007 Share Posted January 2, 2007 Its burning a hole in my knicker drawer Emma! ALL my knickers will be ruined at this rate! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mel (& Paul) Posted January 2, 2007 Share Posted January 2, 2007 BOTH pairs what happens if you get run over by a bus Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...