Martin B

Sorry...

At 12:00 I got very bored. I made a clean sweep! :D

Every single part of the forum has a last post by me! :lol: First time in ages, very proud. Just off to polish my avatar :P

It's got me to an average of over 20 post per day too. I'll have to get a few more in tomorrow before going back to school on tuesday! :lol:

At 12:00 I got very bored. I made a clean sweep! Very Happy

Every single part of the forum has a last post by me! :lol: First time in ages, very proud. Just off to polish my avatar :P

It's got me to an average of over 20 post per day too. I'll have to get a few more in tomorrow before going back to school on tuesday! Laughing

Egluntine wrote:

Trying to get to 7000 Martin?

:shock: Why would you suggest such a thing?

:roll:

I have suggested previously that he should go out and try to get an ASBO like most normal 14 year olds.

At least he'd be out in the fresh air and not glued to the computer wasting time after midnight..

An alternative to the ASBO would be a spot of revision. There's a thought.

I might just do that Dear!!!!!

It's not constructive having all those extra posts, and as Graham once pointed out - the forum is heavy enough as it is without people making pointless posts. It's not a game, it's a discussion forum.

OK, here are the new rules for all bored teenagers:

1, Don't make pointless posts

2, If you're bored, do something constructive - learn a new craft or take some exercise, don't just switch on the telly or PC (Rosie isn't allowed to either and that's why she's so well read)

3, get to bed by 10pm - no-one likes a grumpy teenager

:wink:

Clare I'm afraid I've broken your third rule. I don't usually go up to bed until 10:15, but I do get ready for bed at about 9:00pm and then go and watch TV.

Then I read a book until 10:30pm as it helps me to relax and makes me go to sleep easier and stops my mind form buzzing around.

I need my sleep, but unfortunately don't always get as much as I'd like. I also never get to read all fo the newspaper as I invariably fall asleep reading it.

Two things for teens to learn from this:

1. Get your sleep and reading done while you can befor you have children - you'll wonder what on earth you ever did with your spare time.

2. Knowing what hard work it is being an (involuntary) single parent, never enter into it knowingly

Can I be controversial and call for a ban on posts that are just an emoticons.

I fully understand that sometimes people just want to register that fact that they have enjoyed a story or are surprised at a piece of info etc, but emoticon only postings take up forum space, make it annoying to have to trawl through and add nothing to the discussion. (I know I have been guilty myself on occasion...New Years Resolution not to do it again). Why not say a few words instead..

Perhaps this would help to stop individuals from competing over the number of posts they have made.

Sorry...must have got out of bed on the wrong side this am.

Clare and I hardly got more than a dozen words out of Martin - in person - on Saturday :? He must save them all for the forum :roll:

Sorry Everbody, I stayed up to watch Match of the Day! The forum was empty, no school today. I didn't make that many post just 1-3 in every section! :oops:

Can I be controversial and call for a ban on posts that are just an emoticons.

I fully understand that sometimes people just want to register that fact that they have enjoyed a story or are surprised at a piece of info etc, but emoticon only postings take up forum space, make it annoying to have to trawl through and add nothing to the discussion. (I know I have been guilty myself on occasion...New Years Resolution not to do it again). Why not say a few words instead..

Perhaps this would help to stop individuals from competing over the number of posts they have made.

Sorry...must have got out of bed on the wrong side this am.

I think I'll have to make it a resolution as well Egluntine - I'm guilty of it at times. Usually if it is a joke that doesn't require further comment but I like to show I thought it funny :oops: