The Dogmother

What is your favourite quote? Share HERE!!

I love quotes i have a huge collection that i will somtimes throw out usually in the middle of an argument and i collect t-shirts with them on as well some of my favs are

Mark Twain " I've never let my school interfere with my education."

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." George Bernard Shaw

Voltaire "Prejudice is opinion without judgement."

"I disaprove of what you say but will defend to the death for your right to say it,"

and finally "a witty saying proves nothing."

I could go on but my total favorites have a tendency to be a tad on the insulting side so i won't trot them out here ;)

there have been some really lovely ones posted

Gosh there are so many and my favourite changes according to my mood.

One of my favourites though is from Julian of Norwich:

All will be well

All will be well

All manner of things will be well.

I shall steal this one from Joojoo (I hope you don't mind!)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOW what a ride!'

Brilliant!

That's not actually one of mine :lol::lol::oops: I pinched it off someone on here ages ago :lol::lol::lol:

I wonder if we should perhaps start a second thread on favourite poems and pieces of admirable prose.....

Go on then, Major B - I'll join you, I love poetry and luckily know quite a lot by heart, it's passed many a dull hour/scary waiting-room moment.