The Dogmother

What is your favourite quote? Share HERE!!

Here are some of my faves:

Dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask the X files

'People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within.'

Romana L Anderson.

Please share yours below Guys:

Better to regret what you've done rather than what you haven't

be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe

no less than the trees and the stars;

you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,

it is still a beautiful world.

The best bit of that is "And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. "

BeckyBoo

I take great comfort from the words of The Desiderata and have done for many years.

There are so many quotes that strike a chord with me but Dorothy Parker and Oscar Wilde have to be my favourite authors of the aphorism :D

I have far too many quotes I enjoy to single one out as a favourite, but I think I'll start off with one regarding Sir Thomas Beecham.

Firstly, the story goes that, at one point, Sir Thomas was in Fortnums when he was noticed by a lady who he recognised, but whose name he couldn't remember. He continued through some preliminaries about the weather and such like in the hope his memory would come to his rescue, and presently he asked her how she was.

"Oh, very well, but my brother has been rather ill lately.", she replied.

"Ah, yes, your brother. I'm sorry to hear that. And, er, what is your brother doing at the moment?", asked Sir Thomas.

"Well... he's still King", replied Princess Mary.

The other involves George Bernard Shaw. Shortly before the opening of one his plays, he sent a brief letter to Winston Churchill stating, "I enclose two tickets to the first night of my new play. Please come, and bring a friend - if you have one."

Churchill replied, "Regret impossible to attend first night. Will attend second - if you have one."

'You'll never discover new oceans until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.....but you also might get hopelessly lost at sea' - Demotivation poster I saw in someones office! :D

'Only when the last tree has been felled, the last fish has been caught, and the last river has been poisoned, will you realise you cannot eat money' - Native American Chief type I think.

My personal favourite is in my signature, It should read 'weasels' but I thought 'chickens' sounded better!

Kev.

I love these,all from the incomparable mr Oscar Wilde:

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

I suppose that I shall have to die beyond my means (upon being told the cost of an operation he needed)

Two by Albert Einstein:

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

One by Eleanor Roosevelt

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

and this one rings all too true, but keeps me busy :-)

Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Aaahhh, so that's what Rosie was up to on Saturday :roll:

Sent to a friend, who has just lost a much loved pet:

There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle

When sadness might make life seem very dark and empty, other people carry the flame and pass it around. It never goes out, it's just waiting for a new place to shine.