gooner.girl

Church Wedding chat.....

You look lovely Helen. However you've completely destroyed my mental image of you! This is probably a good thing actually - I live very close to Highbury and my image of the "Ooops, word censored!"nal crowd is not pretty! :oops::lol:

hee hee :lol::lol: , bit like their playing and manager :lol:

They are fab photos Helen, your dress was beautiful, ..perfect. 8)

You look lovely Helen. However you've completely destroyed my mental image of you! This is probably a good thing actually - I live very close to Highbury and my image of the "Ooops, word censored!"nal crowd is not pretty! :oops::lol:

Er.... maybe I should say 'football fans' - I expect the opponents are just as bad! The sounds (from a short distance) are rousing and not at all unpleasant. The worst bit is the litter and men loitering and weeing outside my gate! :evil: (And that image of course never included you Helen!)

I have to confess that we had a guinea pig at school called Chelsea! It was the name that won most votes (from the boys: the girls votes were divided!) Of course the boys never went anywhere near the guinea pig!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's reminded me that our first goldfish were Chelsea and Charlton, named by the children in honour of their favourite football teams.

Nice fish 8):D:D

When I have kids - if I have a girl - it will be CHELSEA im afraid :)

and the middle name will HAVE to start with " F " to go with our surname....then her initials will be CFC :shock:8):lol:

Fiona :? , Felicity :? , Freya :? , Freda :?:shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't think of many F girls names I'm afraid.

What will you do if you only have boys? :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've been really enjoying reading this thread, it took a very interesting turn once the subject of "own wedding day" started. Everybody looks so happy in their wedding photos.

Wedding no.1: Cup final day May 1992, it was his 21st birthday. Married at Aylesbury registery office in a floral dress from Tescos in the pouring rain. Honeymoon was a couple of days in Norfolk. I had had a miscarriage a few weeks before the wedding. The whole thing was a bit of a farce. 2nd husband paid for my divorce.... :wink:

Wedding no.2: Also Cup final day (not that I actually dislike footie) 1994. This time far more preparation and care was taken. I had a beautiful Ivory dress, a proper wedding one this time. The car was an old creamy coloured Rolls. We married at Rickmansworth Baptist church, Neill chose "Onward christian soldiers" as a hymn, which sounded lovely (vicar singing the verses with all joining in the chorus! :roll::roll: ) I had 2 bridesmaids in rather hideous flowery dresses and a page boy. Our reception was at Watford General hospital (which is next to Vicarage road stadium) , we had a karaoke & disco. Our honeymoon was in the Dominican Republic, which was very very nice.. :)

Er.... maybe I should say 'football fans' - I expect the opponents are just as bad! The sounds (from a short distance) are rousing and not at all unpleasant. The worst bit is the litter and men loitering and weeing outside my gate! :evil: (And that image of course never included you Helen!)

Hummm. Not sure whether to be insulted or flattered by all that Kannie and Chelsea?! :lol:

Lucky you Kannie, living near Highbury, Phil and i could have come in for a cup of tea after the game this evening if we had known!!! :wink: I did try and stop Phil and OH weeing outside your gate tonight, but with no success... Men!! :roll::wink:

I don't know whether i fit the typical "Ooops, word censored!"nal fan mental image you have Kannie. You'll have to ask Phil, now he's met me? but i have just put some pics of us after the game tonight on the football thread... :?

I've been really enjoying reading this thread, it took a very interesting turn once the subject of "own wedding day" started. Everybody looks so happy in their wedding photos.

Wedding no.1: Cup final day May 1992, it was his 21st birthday. Married at Aylesbury registery office in a floral dress from Tescos in the pouring rain. Honeymoon was a couple of days in Norfolk. I had had a miscarriage a few weeks before the wedding. The whole thing was a bit of a farce. 2nd husband paid for my divorce.... :wink:

Wedding no.2: Also Cup final day (not that I actually dislike footie) 1994. This time far more preparation and care was taken. I had a beautiful Ivory dress, a proper wedding one this time. The car was an old creamy coloured Rolls. We married at Rickmansworth Baptist church, Neill chose "Onward christian soldiers" as a hymn, which sounded lovely (vicar singing the verses with all joining in the chorus! :roll::roll: ) I had 2 bridesmaids in rather hideous flowery dresses and a page boy. Our reception was at Watford General hospital (which is next to Vicarage road stadium) , we had a karaoke & disco. Our honeymoon was in the Dominican Republic, which was very very nice.. :)

Sounds like second time lucky then Caroline :D - and the first was never meant to be. Are your bridesmaids still speaking to you? :lol:

Lesley, The eldest bridesmaid was my brothers wife, they moved last June & didn't give us their new address til they were told to in Dec (not sure it was the hideous floral number that caused that one! :roll: ) & the other bridesmaid was a friends daughter (she was 5 at the time) not sure that she was bothered by the dress.

It always amazes me just how many peeps have been married more than once :o:o

Hi Louise,

I've always said that I would never do it again either :lol: But then again sometimes events overtake the situation. Little did I know that No.1 was going to play with a (so called) friends childrens Megadrive whilst I was at work. Still she did me a favour really :)

Sure you catch my drift :wink:

Lucky you Kannie, living near Highbury, Phil and i could have come in for a cup of tea after the game this evening if we had known!!! :wink:

You'd be welcome Helen (and Phil, Martin, etc) - but only if the conversation was about chickens rather than football! :wink:

I don't know whether i fit the typical "Ooops, word censored!"nal fan mental image you have Kannie. You'll have to ask Phil, now he's met me? but i have just put some pics of us after the game tonight on the football thread... :?

You're much lovlier Helen, although I do prefer the wedding dress to the red shirt, I have to say! :wink:

You're much lovlier Helen, although I do prefer the wedding dress to the red shirt, I have to say! :wink:

I thinnk i do to after yesterday Kannie!

Whilst Phil and Mike were at the bar in the pub, i bent down to pick up my coat and forgetting that i was wearing rather low slung jeans and that my "Ooops, word censored!"nal shirt had ridden up, I exposed my rather scanty undies to a group of young male gooners sitting in the corner who commented on it rather raucously :oops::oops::? Now THAT wouldn't have happened if i had been wearing my wedding dress! (though at the pub after an "Ooops, word censored!"nal game might have seemed a slightly odd place to wear the dress again... :?:lol: )

Hehe! :lol::lol::lol:

Can just imagine walking into a pub full of stinky male footy fans in my wedding dress!!! I know i've been wanting an excuse to wear it again but i don't think i'm brave enough to wear it there!

Perhaps we should have a girlie Omlet gathering where we could all wear our dresses again?! I loved mine and am gutted i paid as much as i did to wear it for just one day :?

Perhaps we should have a girlie Omlet gathering where we could all wear our dresses again?! I loved mine and am gutted i paid as much as i did to wear it for just one day :?

Ummmmm, do you mind if I give that one a miss :? Still got the dress, but lost the figure many moons ago. I doubt that I could get it on any longer......... and definitely not zip it up :shock::oops::oops::oops:

About the only things I could still wear from that day are the veil and the garter, and I promise you me turning up in that combination these days would empty the room in seconds :shock: