matt_b

Follow Omlet on Twitter!

I've been a twitterer for a couple of years now. It's a good way of hooking up with people of similar interests. There is an alpaca farm in my village, and I tweeted occasionally about the aplacas. Then alpaca owners began following my tweets, and I started following theirs. I now have a vicarious and very enjoyable stream of news about alpaca and llama rearing, the birth of new "crias", day-to-day events. I now look forward to a new stream of chickeney news that will appear on my laptop to enliven the working day.

I can recommend tweetdeck http://www.tweetdeck.com/ as an easy way of using twitter on a desktop or laptop. If you have an iPhone, you can install a twitter iPhone app and post up snippets of news and pics the moment they happen (I use twitpic but there are many).

On twitter I'm GillClough (unimaginative I know, but I twitter a lot related to my work and so prefer to be easy to find). I also twitter about by chickens much to the delight of my colleagues :) When I tweet that I've brought spare eggs in, there's usually a rush of replies !eggwhite!!egggreen!!eggbrown!!eggblue!!eggspeck! Would it be worth people posting up their twitter IDs so we can follow?

I LOVE Twitter! I've been a member for well over a year and have met loads of nice chickeny people on it. I use Tweetdeck too, and I'm following all the people in this thread that I could find. My Tweetname is VictoriaTwead, by the way. :)

Victoria