Happymama

H5 N1 found in Suffolk

..............I think there has been talk in the media today about the possibility that it may have been a deliberate contamination of the Bernard Matthews plant :?

Thats EXACTLY what my poultry worker hubby said from the start !! :shock:

Apparently a worker visited another BM factory in Hungary, and Hungary is full of bird flu.

..............I think there has been talk in the media today about the possibility that it may have been a deliberate contamination of the Bernard Matthews plant :?

Thats EXACTLY what my poultry worker hubby said from the start !! :shock:

Apparently a worker visited another BM factory in Hungary, and Hungary is full of bird flu.

I heard that too Martin...I think your'e right !

The title of the topic is incorrect. Suffolk is in the East of England. If we're talking about media inacurracies etc, *we* could at least get the location of the outbreak right. :wink:

The title of the topic is incorrect. Suffolk is in the East of England. If we're talking about media inacurracies etc, *we* could at least get the location of the outbreak right. :wink:

You're quite right grd - it was bugging me as well - I've changed it for you :D

Now - if you can find time to come and complain, perhaps you can come back and join

in properly? :wink:

Although I am usually the first to slap the media down, there was a good article in the Mail yesterday (page 11) by Geoffrey Lean (unfortunately not posted on their website), which blamed the spread of H5N1 on battery and intensive broiler farming and the crowded environment they have, which encourages the spread of disease.

Too right that man :D

Phil tell me that on the news last night, they were filming at farms inside the exclusion zone, and the farmers still had their chooks out freeranging as no-one had been round to tell them otherwise :roll:

DEFRA muppets!

But you'd think that the farmers would've at least had the sense to get their chooks inside :twisted: Makes a mokery of the whole thing really, doesn't it?